ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
Krisz

ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Post by Krisz »

Hello,

I installed the ESX Monitor today and I can see the following error in the logs on a probe:

PROBE -> [ Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\check_esxi_hardware.py", line 273, in <module>
import pkg_resources
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources ]

And I am not getting back any result from this probe. Could you please help me troubleshooting this error?

Thanks

Cubert

Re: ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Post by Cubert »

Bad probe install.

On any probe agent used if you have an issue with the Python install this is the kind of error to expect.

Here is a few ways to resolve in order of speediness.

#1 Use a different agent as a probe. Typically a quick change of probe agents will get probe up and running.

#2 On the current probe delete the c:\python27 directory completely. Nex push a new scan out to probe via plugin. This will cause the plugin to reinstall all the things needed for probe to work including all the python packages.

#3 Run the probes "probe" commands manually see(viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5532) and see if error continues, We would expect it would so using that command to test success or fail of probe. Use python to install any missing packages and your admin rights to place packages provided in the correct directories.

Typically is your having this much issues its a permissions and or PATH thing on agent and you will need to help it get fully installed as Labtech environment is not allowed enough privileges to do the job.

Read through all the forum posts here and you will find reports of this type of issue and what people have done to resolve.

Krisz

Post by Krisz »

Thank you for your help, #2 resolved the issue! All good now.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Awesome!

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”