Request: Google Drive API Support For ISO Hosting

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
BlooTech

Request: Google Drive API Support For ISO Hosting

Post by BlooTech »

Is it possible to add Google Drive API support for hosting the Windows 10 ISO? It would just require two fields to be filled out, Google API and File ID. The URL downloads the file as FILEID.ISO. The URL is

Code: Select all

https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/@GDrive_File_ID@?key=@Google_API_Key@&alt=media

Thank you!

Cubert

Re: Request: Google Drive API Support For ISO Hosting

Post by Cubert »

And this would direct the download directly to the ISO file to download as an ISO file?

No popups or other human interface issues?

If so we could add an area to allow you to use google.

Never used one myself...

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

That would be great! The URL would result in a direct download with no user interaction or pop-ups. For example, let's say I have "Win10.iso" uploaded to Google Drive and my API Key is "9nWb6Ppm91TdoQJCDgMj" and File ID is "QESXE71p5Foe7".

The URL would be:

https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/QESXE71p5Foe7?key=9nWb6Ppm91TdoQJCDgMj&alt=media
It will download the file as QESXE71p5Foe7.iso (FILE_ID.ISO) with no user interaction/pop-ups. This filename will always be different per URL since it doesn't download the file as the original filename, only as the File_ID.iso.

More information on Google Drive API - https://bit.ly/2HmwNfs

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Cubert wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm And this would direct the download directly to the ISO file to download as an ISO file?

No popups or other human interface issues?

If so we could add an area to allow you to use google.

Never used one myself...

Hi Cubert,

How's it going? Any update on the progress? We have a few big upgrade projects on the horizon and I'd really like to use PR for them. Thank you.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We are working on getting App Genie out of BETA this month and the ITNation Explore conference is this week where I will be presenting with Piriform the CCleaner Plugin.

App Genie (Should have a peek)

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5578

So it will be most likely well in to July before I am able to circle back around to looking at adding this as a feature. It will take some testing and design time to get right.

We have it on our to-do list.

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Thanks for the update. App Genie looks nice!

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Hi Cubert,

Any update on this feature request? I have a bunch of upgrades coming up so I could really use this feature ASAP. Thank you.

Cubert wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm We are working on getting App Genie out of BETA this month and the ITNation Explore conference is this week where I will be presenting with Piriform the CCleaner Plugin.

App Genie (Should have a peek)

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5578

So it will be most likely well in to July before I am able to circle back around to looking at adding this as a feature. It will take some testing and design time to get right.

We have it on our to-do list.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Actually we are making headway with this request.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (43.55 KiB) Viewed 35178 times
In the image above you are seeing our newest plugin taking shape. It is going to be a combination of alot of our works and a bunch on new features and controls for your Automate environments. In this image you are looking at the "File Manager" that controls the files stored in Google Drive. We manage that information inside Automate so that you can now "LT Script" using a simple SQL query to get any file URL you need at anytime.

Think of that power? Being able to write a script that can dynamically call for the URL of a common file by name. The URL can then change at will as versions and updates are uploaded to Google Drive but your scripts never need to change.

How are we leveraging this for your current needs? Inside Habitat we are recreating a new Windows Upgrader that will use this function as part of its file stores for ISOs. We will be also leveraging the ability to create Upgrade profiles that you can apply to an agent, group, location or client. This will allow you to have many different stages for upgrades from one build to another. This will be much more robust then the Patch Remedy version and should allow for Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrades, limiting to only Windows 10 will be in the past.

So when will you get to see such a product? We are currently on build 7 alpha and are actively pushing this forward. We would like to see some level of beta by November if possible. Beta trials will be open to anyone wanting to have a go and return comments, suggestions and flaws found.

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Excellent, I'll be interested in testing it out and giving feedback for sure. Is this going to be a paid plugin or free? If paid, any idea what it's going to cost? Thank you very much.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Google Drive is a fickle beast!

We started integrating Drive into Habitat and man what a PITA. Our integration works great for small files. The direct links work just as you expect until you start getting to about 200mb. Once you get past 200mb you start getting Google intermediate pages having you click a button to continue. It also starts to get unstable and drops the connection causing any scripts to fail out.

Our plugin lets you download and upload files from the drive a scan the drive for uploaded files to use. You have to use Google's Drive UI to upload files bigger than 200mb so you can not use the plugin to upload ISO files of 2.5gb as it will kick back a denial. So for ISO files you will need to add them via Google's UI then in plugin update file list to see new additions. Then you can use that data in scripts to download files for use in scripts.

I am working on a cmdline large file downloader that will download 2g +files from Google drive. This can be used in LT scripting to get past the Large File- No Antivirus scan warnings google drive intermediate page that pops up on large files making programmatic scripting a big pain.

Its still got a few quirks but 2 out 3 times we got our 2.7 gb iso file
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (46.34 KiB) Viewed 35082 times

Also if you want to run a temporary solution (time sensitive) you can also do the following.

https://insynout.blogspot.com/2017/01/s ... -from.html

It has you create an access token that you then can use either CURL or POSH to grab the file. This is good if your doing it in a single day. Get the code, plug it in and run the script against agents. 12 hours later the token expires.

curl -H "Authorization: Bearer YYYYY" https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/XXXXX?alt=media -o ZZZZZ
Or

Invoke-RestMethod -Uri https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/XXXXX?alt=media -Method Get -Headers @{"Authorization"="Bearer YYYYY"} | Out-File ZZZZZ

In your command, replace “XXXXX” with the file ID from above, “YYYYY” with the access token from above, and “ZZZZZ” with the file name that will be saved (for example, “myFile.mp4” if you’re downloading a mp4 file).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (46.34 KiB) Viewed 35082 times

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”