Failed updates reported on systems that don't have failures

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
RSCS

Failed updates reported on systems that don't have failures

Post by RSCS »

We have just started using PR and enabled it on a single client but at first glance, it appears to be misleading.
On the Critical Patch Issues tab in the "Systems reporting patching failures", there are systems listed that I can find no error on. I look in Automate's Patching area and see no errors so I connected to the computer and checked it's System Update history and can't find any errors there either.

Am I missing something? What other error could PR be referring to?

Thanks.

Cubert

Re: Failed updates reported on systems that don't have failures

Post by Cubert »

I would have a read off the Docs on what each view is about. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5434

As for you immediate question. Many views in PR are derived from data queries made to the Labtech database from tables managed and filled by Automate. These maybe errors Automate is not showing you or not associating with a patch issue. This is why PR is so popular as it will see things Automate does not show you. You have to then decide if what your seeing and what your investigation on that agent reveals.

You may find it's a simple drive failure for some old product no longer installed or it could be a patch being pushed that returned a failure once but then went through on a different attempt. The original failure is still present in the database for the time period we are looking at which is typically 30 days or 7 days. The docs will help determine where data comes from and for how long we queried for.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”