Almost 100 ccleaner processes eating memory and caused a bluescreen

Get help for CCleaner LabTech plugin
scripts4life

Almost 100 ccleaner processes eating memory and caused a bluescreen

Post by scripts4life »

Hello,

I am seeing odd behavior with the plugin that is impacting a number of customer servers.

When a system is responding slowly what I notice is that there will be approximately 100 ccleaner instances running on the system that never clear out.

I've removed all ccleaner instances from the systems, I've reinstalled the Ccleaner for automate 1.0.4.2 after dropping all tables as you have suggested.

In one instance the ccleaner spawning got so out of control that it ate up all the memory of a critical virtual machine and caused a bluescreen.

So far this appears to impact Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2. We have a number of servers that have exhibited this behavior.

Cubert

Re: Almost 100 ccleaner processes eating memory and caused a bluescreen

Post by Cubert »

Interesting. We can modify the script to look for running processes and kill processes first which will limit the the number spawned. But what it wont do is explain why the process is getting stuck. And if it is getting stuck then it is surely not finishing and reporting that data back to the LT host.

This would sound like an issue with the version of CCBE installed. What is that version if you can post that.

Next if you were to uninstall it fully from agent, then reinstall via plugin and relicense does version number change?

You can also run CCBE at the console with the /upgrade or /update switch to have it auto update. If you do this does the version change?

Re test a manual run and see if it returns data.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We have just updated CCleaner for Automate to 1.0.4.4 which will now look for process (CCleaner) and kill any prior to launching the scans.

Here is URL to latest builds https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/2629 ... 3da1226e66

scripts4life

Post by scripts4life »

To anyone having this issue updating to the latest CCleaner plugin resolved the problem.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Are you on 1.0.4 of our plugin?

Return to “Cleaner For LabTech”