Failed to create temporary file

This plugin monitors local admin group for changes and alerts admins when changes have been made.
schester

Failed to create temporary file

Post by schester »

I just saw the update to 10.0.0.94, so maybe that will resolve this issue, but we are seeing on some/many computers the following error each time admon runs. We are seeing this with 1.0.0.88.

We are seeing this error on a number of computers with larger numbers of failed commands:
Failed to create temporary file. Username: --domain--\LabTech. Profile folder not found. Validate user has previously logged into the system.
As we use a specific account for CWA, the user account generally has not logged into the computer and a profile does not exist. Our general practice would be to set the account so it can't login interactively as well, but I believe that was disabled in testing for this issue.

Do we need to go to EACH computer and login so a profile exists or create a folder for admon to write to?

Cubert

Re: Failed to create temporary file

Post by Cubert »

The script pushes down a Powershell file to run that pulls the administrators of the local group. If script can not write a file to the system then this will fail .

schester

Post by schester »

Do you feel that just making a folder C:\users\labtech is sufficient or do we actually need to login as this user on each computer?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We use a basic script that calls a powershell script and based on the return we place that into SQL.
If you have issues running this then it sounds like the script engine for LabTech is not letting you execute the POSH function correctly. Might inquire to CW support on why POSH functions in script engine fail with that error? They may have a quick fix.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.54 KiB) Viewed 24437 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Might also be that we run as the admin user for the domain.. Do you have the domain admin account setup in LabTech for this client?

See the "Run as Admin" in the function?

manny0ne

Post by manny0ne »

Good Afternoon All!

By any chance was a solution ever figured out for this issue? I'm on the latest version of the admon plugin / CW Automate and this is happening to me as well. I have a client with about 530 machines and about half of the machines are checking into admon.

I've attached the output from a computer the script failed to run on. We definitely have the domain admin account setup in labtech for the client. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2019-12-04_14-18-13.png
2019-12-04_14-18-13.png (29.81 KiB) Viewed 21647 times

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

I believe we are all having issue still.

Cubert, can this script or the commandlet be run as system and not 'run as admin'

Thanks

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

It could if your permissions allow it. The setting we deploy with seemed to be the most successful way to get data but if you find that a different user works then you can defiantly make the change.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

Return to “ADMON Administrators Group Monitor plugin”