Windows 10 Download Fails due to "Unable to parse hostname"

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
jeremyroe

Windows 10 Download Fails due to "Unable to parse hostname"

Post by jeremyroe »

I'm attempting to use the Windows 10 upgrade feature. I have the remote ISO location in my settings and verified the file and download. I'm using it against a machine with the C$ administrative share set as cache per the documentation. I have tried both localhost and 127.0.0.1 as the machine name and I get the error "ERR Download File Failed with Error: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed"

neonbluehdd

Re: Windows 10 Download Fails due to "Unable to parse hostname"

Post by neonbluehdd »

I wish I had an answer to this, but I only have more questions.. :?

I've been unable to get the ISO to even download to the cached folder. I have the ISO on a web server and the share is set to a NAS. Anybody have any ideas?

Cubert

Re: Windows 10 Download Fails due to "Unable to parse hostname"

Post by Cubert »

Lets see if there is any odd chars in any of the address strings.

In SQL query the properties table like so

Select * from properties where Name like 'PatchRemedy%'

It should return all the same data you have in the configuration. Review each piece of data by copying it out and checking it for added white space on the front or end of the data.

We are looking for a needle in a haystack as you are the only reported user with an issue of this nature. Most likely will be an environmental issue then a plugin issue.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”