Where does the default yes or no come from?

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
emeralddata

Where does the default yes or no come from?

Post by emeralddata »

When doing the Windows 10 Upgrade, the dialogue is presented to the user that asks them to consent to the upgrade. This defaults to NO if they do no respond it time.

Where is this inherited from or set? Is this on the agent templates?

Cubert

Re: Where does the default yes or no come from?

Post by Cubert »

No it is a script function, We can "query" a user if logged in with a yes/no question and based on click / no click we can process the result and follow a program path.

rattrap17

Post by rattrap17 »

Yes, the default timeout to "No" frustrated me a little as I tend to run these upgrades after hours when no user it at the machine (yet most users lock their machines so they are technically still logged in). I usually just end up commenting out lines 428 through 433 (line numbers will change with script updates) in the script to just do away with the entire user prompt. However, be aware that this means if you run it while someone is actually using the machine it will just start the upgrade with no prompt so use at your own risk if it's a fit for your environment like it was for mine.

Many thanks to Cubert for the new scheduling functionality! Makes those after hours updates much easier.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The reason we prompt and quit if user is logged in and does not answer or rejects upgrade prevents data loss if user has applications open and not saved.

A ounce of prevention..

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”