Right Click Menus and my ASD

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
MrRat

Right Click Menus and my ASD

Post by MrRat »

I've mentioned how those inconsistent right click menus drive me nuts so I thought I would start a thread to list specifics.

Are these the same thing with different wording on different tabs:
Update WUA to (Latest), Update WUA to Current, Push WUA Updates to Host
Push Windows Update, Force System to Patch Now, Force Host to Patch Now

Things I would like in every menu:
Open Console
Update WUA to Latest
Push Windows Updates
Attempt Repair
Execute MK Patch Fix
Execute DISM or CheckSUR

thanks

BlairMunro

Re: Right Click Menus and my ASD

Post by BlairMunro »

Totally agree.

I would also love the following:

- Ability to restart multiple machines via a selection using the "Systems reporting WUA is out of date". This is for rebooting the ones that are marked "RB" for reboot pending instead of having to go through one by one.
- Ability to schedule multiple machines via a selection to restart at a user specified time.
- Ability to open the classic LT console instead of the new one

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I will work on these requests for next release. I how ever can not force the old console to open , I believe that is slated to be remove altogether in next LT release.

BlairMunro

Post by BlairMunro »

Thanks Cubert.

Also, one I just thought of -
On the "Critical Patch Issues" tab under "Systems that have not patched in 30+ days" there is a "Last Patch Date" column. Is it possible to add a "Last Seen" column to see when the agent last checked in? This will help the user determine if there are patching issues or if it is an disconnected agent that hasn't checked in for a while.

Additionally, in the "Systems missing critical patches" table, when I right click and select "Execute MK patch fix" it doesn't appear to do anything in my LT console. This same command gives me a lot of information when I run it from other Patch Remedy tabs.

Thanks!

BlairMunro

Post by BlairMunro »

Hi Cubert,

Also two other things:
Is it possible to sort by all columns? I would like to sort by the Reboot flag or Online/Offline indicators.
Bug: When sorting by numbers, PR tends to sort on the first number (like the following- 1, 11, 13, 19, 2, 26, 4, 43, 46, 5, 56). Can you have it sort by the full number?

Thanks!

MrRat

Post by MrRat »

BlairMunro wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:01 am Bug: When sorting by numbers, PR tends to sort on the first number (like the following- 1, 11, 13, 19, 2, 26, 4, 43, 46, 5, 56). Can you have it sort by the full number?
I know sorting a datagrid is a pain. What might be a quick fix is to pad the numbers to 3 digits with leading zeros.

MrRat

Post by MrRat »

BUMP
for consistent menus, and number padding for sorting
both these issues are grating on my nerves

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Roger that,

Plan to have updates inplace, new charts for Automate 12 before AN2018.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”