Build 1.0.3.81

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
Cubert

Build 1.0.3.81

Post by Cubert »

---1.0.3.79---
Added feature to allow selecting the LT View when displaying patch success. This allows for users who are not getting data from normal queries to change the query ti
pull from a LT hotfix view.

---1.0.3.80---
Fixed issues where script was continually downloading KB3213986 over and over for Server 2016
Major Update to Automated Updates, Updated windows 8.1 and server 2012 to July 2017 security rollup
Major Update to Automation Updates, Windows 10 is now managed much better. We look for Versions 1511, 1607 and now 1703 and update all Versions to latest builds.

---1.0.3.81---
Updated scanner to note the different versions of Windows 10 and Server 2016 OSes as part of the WUA scan so we can make sure that each version is represented.
Automation will pick up on the versions and apply the correct build rollups based on version of OS.

https://delivery.shopifyapps.com/-/aa81 ... 1e40bd4568

CAbkeith

Re: Build 1.0.3.81

Post by CAbkeith »

Hello,

My plugin is not auto-updating. I have had to update it myself the last two times. Any ideas?

BlairMunro

Post by BlairMunro »

I have never had mine automatically update. Are labtech auto update plugins a thing?

CAbkeith

Post by CAbkeith »

It was my understanding that the PR plugin updated automatically. If not then I misunderstood that portion.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Typically yes, the auto updater works with in 24 hours after the email notice is sent.

But...

If a engineer leaves their LT console open and logged in for multiple days you will not see the update take place. It is not until you close and reopen your LT control center does it request any updates to the local DLLs stored on engineers computer.

By closing the LT CC nightly and relaunching in the AM will assure you see any newly updated plugins.

CAbkeith

Post by CAbkeith »

Sounds good. I may not have waited the 24 hours! I will let you know come next update.

Fritch

Post by Fritch »

Not sure if I'm posting in right area - I've only just installed the plugin.

We had hoped the plugin would assist with the Windows 10 Feature Upgrades i.e. November > Anniversary > Creator's

It appears that with this recent build of Patch Remedy that the different Windows 10 builds (service branches) are split off to only allow for latest WUA patches of that particular build(?). Does this no longer automate the feature upgrades?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The Windows 10 stuff is evolving to separate out the versions and builds and to work with in each of the paths. We are working on the next stage in the evolution which will provide more control over the versions and when to update them. This is currently just outside of the scope of what Patch Remedy was designed for. PR was originally designed around managing WUA and not Windows editions. We understand that the course has changed for Patch Remedy and that the future of management will include the ability to move across versions.

Keep an eye out for information related to new features by visiting our blogs regularly.

https://www.plugins4labtech.com/blogs/blog

Fritch

Post by Fritch »

That is really disappointing to hear, especially as we researched this plugin and reviewed options specifically to automate the Windows 10 Feature Upgrades being as Labtech patching fails to do this (currently).

There are forum posts on Labtechgeek and even here suggesting that PR can automate the November > Anniversary update. Without any indication this has just been removed the moment we purchase the plugin. Very disappointed.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”