Master Switch and Clear Pushed buttons keep turning off

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
JHasenauer

Master Switch and Clear Pushed buttons keep turning off

Post by JHasenauer »

We installed 1.0.3.41 and since then the "Master Switch" and "Clear Pushed" buttons won't stay ON. If I click ON, then close and reopen PR again, they show as off. Any thoughts? Is there a log that may tell me what is happening?

Cubert

Re: Master Switch and Clear Pushed buttons keep turning off

Post by Cubert »

We have seen this behavior before and from what we have been told from our other users is a reboot of the LT server will clear up the issue.

The buttons are actually working so when you turn it on or off it is turning on or off. But when the plugin loads it is always in the off position even though it reads it as on in the database. You see it off in the plugin and click it on but what you don is click it off in the database as it was already on.

Not sure why that happens in LT but a reboot of the LT server has always cleared it up.

JHasenauer

Post by JHasenauer »

We have rebooted multiple times and are still experiencing the ON/OFF issue. How do we tell in the DB if it's turned on or off for these three values?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok here is the SQL query to run to see what the value really is.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM labtech.plugin_sw_patch_remedy_config;
It should return 4 columns, one being MasterSwitch and they will have (0/1) as a value. (0 is off, 1 is on) for client #0

When you hit the button this value will toggle back and forth. The issue is LT is not refreshing the value in the plugin even though it is changing the value. Typically this is a LT backend issue and a reboot of the LT server fixes it.

I have not had anyone say after several reboots that the issue still exists so you are the first.

I will need to see the system going forward to see what it is doing.

JHasenauer

Post by JHasenauer »

Should the on/off settings only apply to client #0? They are all currently set to 1 for Client #0, but all of the other client IDs are showing 0 for WUA_Update and Pushed.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, the master control is client 0, we made other clients ids available for future options we may explore.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”