Multiple Issues

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
darsveen

Multiple Issues

Post by darsveen »

I've got a few issues going on with Chocolatey for Labtech.

First issue, the plugin is duplicated on the view drop down and on the individual agent tabs.
view_dropdown.png
view_dropdown.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 11578 times
Second issue, when I open the plugin from the view drop down I receive a script error.
script_error.png
script_error.png (13.19 KiB) Viewed 11578 times
Third issue, I've updated the plugin to the latest 2.0.1.80. It shows correct in the Plugin Manger, but still shows 2.0.1.75 when I open the plugin from the view tab.
plugin_manager.png
plugin_manager.png (3.25 KiB) Viewed 11578 times
Fourth issue, one off installs don't work. When I look at the command logs it's not calling the package name entered, instead it's duplicating the install variable. Here is what the cmds look like: Parameters: cmd!!! /C "C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\bin\choco.exe" install -fy instal

I've attached screenshot of all the mentioned errors.
Last edited by darsveen on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darsveen

Re: Multipule Issues

Post by darsveen »

ver.png
ver.png (4.83 KiB) Viewed 11577 times
agent_dup.png
agent_dup.png (3.52 KiB) Viewed 11577 times

Cubert

Re: Multiple Issues

Post by Cubert »

Ah yes the dreaded plugin overwrite issues with LT plugin manager. First off not sure is it was patch 3 or patch 6 that fixed that in LT10.5 but you may want to look at LT patches to see if your up to date.

What has happened is during a install or update you (your LT admin) have done is accidently overwritten another plugin with the chocolatey dll. LT had a problem that if you didn't select the correct plugin first from the plugin manager list before selecting update plugin then what ever plugin was selected at that time was overwritten with the plugin you were updating.

So How to Fix!

Open plugin manager and look at all the version numbers. Find any plugin that has the same version number as Chocolatey but has a name of something else. Disable and delete that plugin from Labtech, restart the DBagent and your local console.

See if the duplicate entry is now gone.

Next Issue, the Script failure.
This is most likely a bad data point in the database causing the java graph(chart) to blow up. Post a image of the metric tab that holds the graphs so I can see which one didn't load. I can then tell you what database table to look at for bad data. remove bad row should solve script error.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Lastly Chocolatey is now on Build 2.0.1.80 so you may want to update the plugin aswell. See our Release Build post in this forum to get DownLoad link

darsveen

Post by darsveen »

OK, I got the duplicate plugins issue corrected.

Is this the screenshot you are looking for?
choco.png
choco.png (74.03 KiB) Viewed 11560 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes sir, The top graph has blown up and I see the bottom graph has bad data as well.

My suggestion is to flush the plugin_sw_chocolateyii_installed_apps table, removing all data and allowing the latest chocolatey scanner updates rebuild the table data.

This should clear things up for you, if your still seeing this afterwards send us a email at helpdesk (@) plugins4labtech.com and that will open a ticket with us. Make sure to post images and issue again so we have you documented.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”