still lots of weird issues

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
benf

still lots of weird issues

Post by benf »

Is there a good way to completely wipe the system of everything from Chocolatey and start over? I just deleted 50 'pages' of one time scripts scheduled for 7-01-2016, and I still have more to go. Im not sure what my particular issue is, I have already accidentally deployed thunderbird to 800 computers (which the uninstall doesnt work, so you have to manually uninstall it on the desktop). Im just having all kinds of problems with scripts, labtech crashing (could be other plugins who knows right now).

At this point I want to completely remove my entire labtech install of all chocolatey references, and decide if Im going to start over or do something else as I am spending more time cleaning up things then proactively handle things.

One-Time scripts arent deleting
Workstations are randomly locking up with lttray.exe (could be something else, but I have removed almost every other plugin at this point)
Deployment isnt working as easily as I thought. The ease of use is there but then Im not seeing the results I expected, so I end up going back and manually adding an item to a bunch of pc's individually because Im concerned that I will put the wrong software system wide.
uninstall isnt working properly for at least one app (this is a chocolatey thing not the plugin)

Cubert

Re: still lots of weird issues

Post by Cubert »

benf,

What build are you on? We did have a scripting update in the most recent builds. See the README.txt files for build logs to see what we have been working on.

Send us some logs and screenshots where things look to have not done as you expected.

We do have a "Scrub" at the client level which will remove Chocolatey and any Apps we see installed across client. This only works on online systems and based on what Chocolatey can uninstall then Chocolatey is removed. I would make sure all systems are online, go to the Options area for a client in Chocolatey and make sure AutoUninstall option is ON for all systems then execute the scrub. This would insure the most software installed was removed before the Chocolatey framework was removed.

If you just want to stop the plugin and Chocolatey from doing anything at all then turn off master switch for installs at the Global level. This will stop all scheduled scripting, updates or installs of either Chocolatey or any software across MSP.

benf

Post by benf »

Thanks, I thought I had done that (2.0.1.64), but chocolatey is reporting that some apps that were pushed down by accident are not being removed. Slack, Skype, Thunderbird, were all added to the 'master' group but we must have missed something and it deployed to all 800 devices. When I went to remove it I get errors. I created a seperate script to remove it without success, and have resorted to going to each desktop in LT and hitting the uninstall whenever we see it. Basically all the time we saved over the past several months got wiped out in one mix up.

I have manually deleted all these scripts that dont seem to run, I havent checked if they were online/offline devices, but they dont clear up ever. I shouldnt have to manually remove 2500 scheduled scripts should I? every few weeks

I have been asked a few times to 'send the logs' but I dont really know where to go to send you what? do you want chocolatey logs from the workstation? the server somewhere?.

I guess we thought we understood how to deploy and manage apps using this , it seems easy, but we have had alot of troubles, under the hood type things. Im going to review the complete uninstall you mentioned, and I will task one of our techs to find a solution that seems to work because after 9 months we are still fighting this on and off.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

This last update deals directly with adding apps and making sure clients are all disabled by default.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”