Duplicate scripts / times?

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
benf

Duplicate scripts / times?

Post by benf »

Hi all, for the most part Chocolatey seems to be working across workstations okay. However, I dont want it enabled for all servers but I did manually enable it for RDS servers (seeing as they are more like workstations). When I started digging around I keep getting the message that the Chocolatey Maintenance has to run first .. I enabled it on these servers at least a month ago .. My initial thought/hope was maybe I could take my Windows Server / Roles/Terminal Servers group and somehow 'enable' chocolatey there , but I couldnt think of a good way to do it and feel confident Im okay with that as part of our setup process now on-boarding is to verify the chocolatey stuff is setup/working

I was able to right click and 'Install now' and that seems to work so the deployments are working but the software list isnt updated in the tab. I also saw that under my Scripts/Maintenance there are thousands (5882) of Chocolatey Maintenance II scripts. They all seem to be the exact same from a spot check, so IDK if i can delete these or not.

I also went to the 'scripts' page and saw hundreds of maintenance scripts set to run for computers that were online but the time had passed. For example on 4/24/2016 I had about 200 Chocolatey maintenance scripts scheduled to run. I went through and verified the computers were on recently, and also they were set to only run once, so either they never ran or never rescheduled? either way I went ahead and deleted all of the ones that didnt run that were several days old already ..

I dont know if that was a good idea or not :|

Thanks!
ScreenShot072.gif
ScreenShot072.gif (91.92 KiB) Viewed 8902 times

Cubert

Re: Duplicate scripts / times?

Post by Cubert »

Yes by all means delete all scripts, We have seen this issues with custom plugins Where the Labtech system gets wacked out and starts duplicating the scripts. To fix I would in order:

Delete all scripts, disable plugin, remove plugin, close LT console and reopen, re add plugin and restart the DBagent.

This should create the script again and stop the creation of duplicate scripts.

As for servers installs, If you have the global server excludes on then no servers even included at the client level will push software.

You will need to enable global servers and disable client servers to release the server hold.

I would turn off the master control, go make all adjustments then turn on master switch after I confirmed I have only the servers I wanted enabled.

See if that helps

revsmitty

Post by revsmitty »

We seem to have the same issue. Is there an easy way to select in mass all these extra scripts and delete?

( Sorry, still fairly new to LabTech and could be missing something easy.)

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes,

Simple open SQLYog and copy and execute the following line.
DELETE FROM lt_scripts WHERE ScriptName Like '%Chocolatey%'
Then afterwards restart the DBagent to recreate the one Chocolatey for Labtech script. This should resolve any further script creation issues.

Make sure you are on the latest version of Chocolatey for Labtech.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”