Issues removing installed apps

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
benf

Re: Issues removing installed apps

Post by benf »

FWIW I think I have much larger problems with this app then i thought.

I have 6407 copies of Chocolatey II Maintenance Script in my Scripts/Maintenance area.

I removed the plugin, and am trying to clean those up. Right now I am manually uninstalling 6-7 apps from each workstation by hand, and its pretty miserable and time consuming...

I dont want to reinstall the plugin because without getting the information Im concerned it will get worse .

benf

Post by benf »

Ok, so I have made some progress...

Once I enabled the master controls the items for auto-uninstall and such showed up. However, I have a different issue now

the issue is that even though we pushed out several apps from chocolatey, and they are clearly installed, choco is saying they are not installed?

Even if i run choco myself manually on my computer and do an uninstall it says its not installed. So now I ended up having to get the MSIEXEC and making a new script to remove what seems to be all these apps

Dropbox
Thunderbird
Notepad++
Quicktime

All of these are installed, and chocolatey is saying system wide they are not installed.

I even tried to make a new script that just ran the choco uninstall commands as well, but like i said even if i am on the computer and run it locally i get that its not installed. Maybe the auto-uninstall option messed something up?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Sorry for the slow response, I have been out at Automation Nation all week.

As for the issues with scheduled scripts "6407 copies of Chocolatey II Maintenance Script in my Scripts/Maintenance area"

We have seen this behavior in numerous plugins after a install. Not sure what causes LT to repeatedly duplicate script but a removal, redownload of dll and reinstall seems to fix it.

Then to clean up use a single query in SQL that says " delete from lt_scripts where scriptname like '%Chocolatey%' "

Next issue was the inadvertent delivery of apps after selecting the add apps button, this is not the first I heard of people having some issues like this. My first suggestion is always flip the master switch to off before making any global changes. Knowing that is not always considered when changing settings I will look at putting up a warning pop up box when pushing that button that the system should be in a off state first before continuing. I am sure will save people from this kind of deployment issues.

As for the choco framework not seeing it, the AutoUninstall may have removed it's info about the package. Documentation on that feature is a bit veage. We are working on uninstallers to assist in the auto removal of softwares when softwares are enabled or disabled so that by disabling a software at the computer or client level will force a uninstall of software on all agents that have software.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”