After several hours I'm still waiting for the first client to be 'inventoried'

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Cubert

After several hours I'm still waiting for the first client to be 'inventoried'

Post by Cubert »

Hi all, just curious, i had the 5 user free for about a month seemed to be working ok. earlier today i purchased 1000 seats, and am very excited. I went in and updated the plugin via the latest.zip and everything was able to turn on and shows loaded, but after several hours Im still waiting for the first client to be 'inventoried'. I see its set for 1 HR maintenance runs, is there a script anywhere i can see or run manually just to confirm its working?

First make sure to restart the DBagent after any new updates if you haven't already.

Then we log to C:\windows\LTSvc\ChocolateyLogs on the LT Server so you should see a total of 3 logs.

Maintenance, Install and Update. Each log will show you what it was doing for that service.

It takes a few hours for maintenance to run once to see that systems need Chocolatey installs, Next run to verify Choco install and to get any previously installed software by Chocolatey.

Once these 2 Maintenance cycles happen then the next Installer cycle will see a valid Chocolatey system that does not have approved software and will start pushing software.

The next Maintenance cycle then comes by and asks what is installed and updates the database.

So in the whole process you need 3 Maintenance cycles and 1 installer cycle before data is in database as to what the systems have installed. This way you never get bad info.. What is in the database is on the systems because that is what Chocolate says is installed the last time we asked.

Now we say it takes 3 and 1 to get going but if your cycle intervals are set farther apart it may be 4 or 5 to 1.

So watch your logs.. Maintenance Cycle happens on the half hour and Installs on the top of the hour of the cycle you have set.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”