Error - > Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid

revero2749

Error - > Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid

Post by revero2749 »

We have been having this error for a while the moment we click on the filehog tab on the client console
We have also update to version 1.0.5,but the plugin still seems to reflect v1.0.4 in the filehog interface

How can we resolve this error?I think it is causing the background scripts not to run properly etc as we dont get results at all anymore

Cubert

Re: Error - > Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid

Post by Cubert »

Sounds like you have a stuck DLL on your local PC.

Here is how to fix.

viewtopic.php?t=5523

revero2749

Post by revero2749 »

I have done that already with no luck

What I have not done yet is perhaps remove the plugin completely from automate,including the .dll file on the automate server.then reinstalling it afterward,the .dll could be stuck on the server instead maybe

Thanks for pointing that out,I will provide feedback once I have done a fresh install on the server of the plugin

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Test the plugin dll by right clicking it and selecting properties.

Is the file version showing 1.0.5 on the plugin you install to server? This image is for Patch Remedy but your FileHog DLL should show it's version here as well.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 142144.png
Screenshot 2024-05-22 142144.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 499 times

revero2749

Post by revero2749 »

2024-05-23 02_32_27-GLC-MIS-AUTO - ScreenConnect - Connected.png
2024-05-23 02_32_27-GLC-MIS-AUTO - ScreenConnect - Connected.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 495 times
I have removed the plugin completely from automate
I made sure the .dll is not in the automate server program files directory
I cleared the labtech lugins folder on the server and also cleared the control center cache all at the same time before restart the db agent service and then logging in to reinstall the plugin again and clear the plugins folder and cache folder again afterwards before testing with no luck

I am not sure if there is an issues with the .dll file or some sort of ready permission or maybe with the plugins DB tables,but I have cleared those tables too.I wish I had the 1.0.4 .dll file still just to see if it resolves the issue

Return to “FileHog File Analyzer Plugin”