Issues with MassDeployment and Update Now

This forum is for the discussions and support for the Chocolatey For Automate plugin. Inside you will find the Documentation Project forum that describes the operation of the plugin.
ryan.gallienne

Issues with MassDeployment and Update Now

Post by ryan.gallienne »

Hi

We are having issues with the Mass Deployment and Update Agent commands. I did some investigation and found that the command being sent appears to be wrong.

It is using the -File when referencing an .exe which gives this error
PS C:\windows\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; Start-Process -FilePath 'powershell.exe' -ArgumentList '-file C:\programdata\chocolatey\bin\choco.exe upgrade all -y' -NoNewWindow

PS C:\windows\system32> Processing -File 'C:\programdata\chocolatey\bin\choco.exe' failed because the file does not have a '.ps1' extension. Specify a valid Windows PowerShell script file name, and then try again.
Windows PowerShell the latest version available based on your source(s).
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.ased on your source(s).

running the below in PS locally works, can this be changed?

PS C:\windows\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; Start-Process -FilePath 'powershell.exe' -ArgumentList 'C:\programdata\chocolatey\bin\choco.exe upgrade all -y' -NoNewWindow

Thanks

Ryan

Cubert

Re: Issues with MassDeployment and Update Now

Post by Cubert »

Hmmm, I wonder why we wrote it that way? That was a bring over from 3.0 and 3.5 where I guess PowerShell was a little less stringent.

Anyhow, We had like 6 occurrences where we made calls in that manor. I have gone and corrected them all.

3.6.0.11 has been released and should auto update tonight. If you want it faster, you can download and update plugin by logging into your account on plugins4automate.com and downloading the latest build from your subscription admin.

ryan.gallienne

Re: Issues with MassDeployment and Update Now

Post by ryan.gallienne »

I have updated and this is working now, thanks for the quick response.

Return to “Chocolatey For Automate”