Install KB from List

Patch Remedy 5 is the next generation of the Plugins4Automate Patch Remedy family of products.
This forum is used to support Patch Remedy 5 only, if your using a previous version of Patch Remedy please see the forum for that version below.
Inside you will find the documentation project for the plugin were you can get insights on how to operate and use Patch Remedy 5.
dbitters

Install KB from List

Post by dbitters »

It looks like there may be an unexpected result when selecting "Install KB from List".
It appears that when selecting an update and pressing ok, that it launches another scan and doesn't attempt to run the install. The popup window says "(Patch Remedy Scans) Scheduled for XYZ"

Cubert

Re: Install KB from List

Post by Cubert »

That would look like it. but it not. Patch Remedy uses the same script for many functions. When called with no CMD value it will scan agent but if CMD was added it will test for command and then attempt the command. Make sure there is no added functions to script schedule.

Here is a Habitat script with the same function calls in it. Patch Remedy scripts would look the same here.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 141237.png
Screenshot 2024-03-12 141237.png (25.62 KiB) Viewed 314 times

dbitters

Post by dbitters »

My point was that when clicking on install update button, the popup says the same message as when pressing the scan button.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Just to be clear, The function worked as expected but the acknowledgement pop up has wrong text displayed? This is not a uncommon mistake. I often copy and paste a code snippet for things like this. It's the same command set with just a different option being requested, I must of missed the response box text value update.

I'll look at it and get that also fixed when I finish the Excel data dump piece your looking for.

Return to “Patch Remedy 5”