Handful of machines can only run manually.

This forum supports the ESX Host Health Monitor plugin. When posting post screenshots of issues and any script and command logs listed in the probe consoles.
jtzabecki

Handful of machines can only run manually.

Post by jtzabecki »

I have like ten machines that the scan is not happening in the schedule set. I can run the scan manually and it works fine. Please advise.

Cubert

Re: Handful of machines can only run manually.

Post by Cubert »

Try switching probes, For some reason (maybe offline status) during the scan cycle, when we request all available probes and if agents have checked in in the last 5 minutes (online) to execute script to probe ESX.

It could be a slow agent that is reporting in a bit slowly so fails the 5 minute last check in test, not sure for certain but by changing probes (agent) you modify the database and also change the prams which may cause a change.

They all should be testing several times a day.

See if that changes anything, I will also have a look to make sure we are not post deleting any scheduled scripts. We do peek into Scheduled scripts log and remove any old records before running a new set of probes. This prevents excessive logs and drops any schedule that has not executed yet.

You can have a look at these logs to see after a run is the name/ID of the agent s in question is in the scheduled script logs. This would let us know that it was scheduled.

jtzabecki

Re: Handful of machines can only run manually.

Post by jtzabecki »

Ok, I have done that now. We will see how that goes. Also a lot are showing warnings of vga cable present or rather not present. I have tried to ignore but it is still showing. Any way to get rid of.

Return to “VMWare ESX Host Health Monitor”