1903 os update

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
johnathanj10

1903 os update

Post by johnathanj10 »

I am trying to update all my w10 boxs to 1903, I followed the guide ;

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5462

I created the updated ISO's, shared them locally on a server.

My issue is the I cannot get patch remedy to see the local ISO's

For one I'm missing the server option in the general tab
Second anytime I add to the iso locations( \\server\share\iso.iso) once i hit save it will remove most of the wacks from the path.

Not sure if there is an updated guide but i need some help here.

thanks

Cubert

Re: 1903 os update

Post by Cubert »

Can you post an image of your Windows Update Config for us to review.

johnathanj10

Post by johnathanj10 »

Cubert wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 pm Can you post an image of your Windows Update Config for us to review.
so the general tab, is missing the data server

and the config file, removes \ from my path, not sure why

im just trying to use this app to upgrade to the latest version of w10

please let me know what im doing wrong, as this is the first time i have used this app
Attachments
config before save.png
config before save.png (198.14 KiB) Viewed 18598 times
config after save.png
config after save.png (168.4 KiB) Viewed 18598 times
general tab.png
general tab.png (158.45 KiB) Viewed 18598 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok the first place I would start is here http://support.plugins4automate.com/vie ... 8e1b4e06e1

This will explain the basics.

Your configs are completely inaccurate so as it stands it will not function as configured. Read this document and see if it answers most of your questions, afterwards repost your issues and I can attempt to help.

johnathanj10

Post by johnathanj10 »

hi thanks for the help.

i read that document, i dont want 200 computers pulling down the iso's over the wan.

is there a way i can have the agent look locally to a server?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Second paragraph of the document says....

There are some basic setups Patch Remedy will need to get started upgrading Windows 10. You will need to create 2 ISO files from the Media Creation Tool located here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... windows10/. You will need to create a 32bit and a 64bit ISO and have each named differently from the other. You will need to have caching share setup at each client location, this is a network share that all agents can access at a given location. We will use this cache location to store the ISO files. During the automated process, Patch Remedy will look at all the agents at a given location set to auto upgrade and will pick one agent to start the process on and the rest of the agents it holds back for 50 minutes. This allows the first agent to download the ISO to the location share, caching it for all the other agents. 50 minutes later the rest of the agents will start looking to see if the ISO is on the network share and if so they will pull that file in and start the upgrades, else the next agent will attempt the downloads until the ISO is present.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

By default if you supply a URL and a ISO file, have a network share listed as the cache directory the first agent to try installs will cache ISO file to local network. All agents go look here for ISO before trying to download it from URL.

This can be overridden by selecting to "Elect to copy download locally" which will cause all agents to download iso locally.

johnathanj10

Post by johnathanj10 »

so it cannot use smb to pull via the network(\\server\share\iso)

i have to host a url/http..... ok

thanks for the clarification

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

You host a URL for ISO, Then agents bring copy down once to local networks of each location, then all other agents use local copy.

If you setup the local copy on the clients network share manually then agents will look there first and not download ISO since they will see the ISO exists already. So if your trying not to have a web server URL to distribute ISO you can "Fool" it in to believing its been downloaded already by making the network share and manually placing ISO there before setting agents to update.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”