Master Switch won't stay On

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
revmave

Master Switch won't stay On

Post by revmave »

The Master Switch allows me to switch it to On, but when I close Patch Remedy and re-open the switch is back to Off. I have my scan schedule set, and have two clients checked to scan. Data has populated, but the switch keeps going back to Off. Any ideas?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (144.47 KiB) Viewed 8739 times

revmave

Re: Master Switch won't stay On

Post by revmave »

I have followed the steps to remove the plugin and drop the tables. I then reinstalled the plugin and it still has the same issue with the Master switch.

LTcErrors.log only shows this entry:
LTClient-Patch Remedy Verifying License mode v190.58 7/15/2019 12:35:32 PM:::
LTClient-ID:DB GetValue Name:a MSG:Table 'labtech.prperties' doesn't exist SQL:SELECT count(Value) as Name FROM prperties where Name = 'Patch Remedy Debug' and Value = '1' v190.58 7/15/2019 12:35:32 PM:::

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Thank you for the SQL error notice, we found and fixed that issue and the next release of PR will go out shortly. If you have auto updates on then your plugin will update when we release the updates.

As for the buttons not staying on...

this is a know issue with Automate that seems to randomly happen when the database has yet to run maintenance on its self so it has cached the last query to see if plugin is enabled which if just installed would be off. You turn it on and in the database it is on but the environment stills tells plugin that the option is off.

This post talks about what to do..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5211

Basically states you do not need to modify the plugin, reinstall or remove tables. You should wait till you can reboot the LTHost so it forces a full database maintenance or wait till the DB does this on its own. May take 36 to 72 hours. If you use the SQL query we provide in the example you can toggle the switch on and see its on in the database then the plugin is on even though it's shows off. It will do its automation as designed and scans should continue based on the cycles you set. The only real effect will be that the image that shows switch on will show switch off until the maintenance happens.

revmave

Post by revmave »

Thanks for the response. You are correct, it just took some time for the switches to stay on. I was being impatient.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”