Fail to Lauch Tool

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
RSCS

Fail to Lauch Tool

Post by RSCS »

Good morning,
We just installed the plugin this morning and while one user, can launch the tool, no one else can. What's the difference? The one use only Super Admin Access; nothing else is selected on the Core or Plugin tabs.
The rest of the users have several Roles with a variety of permissions but one of those Roles includes the Super Admin Access.
Users either get a "Permission Denied" error or simply no reaction to clicking on the tool.

What could I be missing?

RSCS

Re: Fail to Lauch Tool

Post by RSCS »

Oh, this just gets more fun.

Today, one of my colleagues was the first to try it and it worked and has continued to work all day...for him. The odd thing is that now I can't get it to open. I've closed Automate and re-opened it and tried it on another machine with the same result.

Is this normal? Is it one user at a time with some sort of lock preventing others from using the tool?

Please let me know.
Thanks.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Not at all, it is independent of each Tech Console and HOST.

So if you have access to host, does it open on host as needed?

If it fails to open, visit local logs on tech desktop for LTError.log

See if error loading DevxxxCHART_v12.xx module failed to load. If so then DevExpress Libs are missing for dotnet 3.5

See the following viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5518
on how to resolve this libs issue.

RSCS

Post by RSCS »

Hey Cubert,
Thanks for the response. I'd say that it isn't missing files because it works when it wants to. My colleague closed it and then was unable to launch it again. I tried and it launched. Minutes later, he tried and it launched for him too.

I'm really not sure what to think now.

Let me know what questions you may have.
Thanks,
Dean

kfear

Post by kfear »

I have a similar experience - If you open another plugin under tools then try to open PatchRemedy does it open ?

@Cubert - Could be the same issue as mine ?

kfear

Post by kfear »

@RSCS - Do you have errors under Event Viewer\Custom Views\, the source will be 'Control Center'.

I have also loaded DevExpress v12 on my system and have the DLL's locally.

Here are some examples of mine:

ID:Unhandled thread exception Name:loadSettings MSG:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. STACK: at PatchRemedy.ToolsForm.loadSettings()
at PatchRemedy.ToolsForm.MainMenuForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) v120.473

ID:Unhandled thread exception Name:InvokeMethod MSG:Object reference not set to an instance of an object. STACK: at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at PatchRemedy.ToolsForm.MainMenuForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) v120.473

RSCS

Post by RSCS »

@kfear: I don't see any errors in Event Viewer.
This morning, I was able to launch it on my main computer (I had already used another tool) and it opened for one of my colleagues (who has not used another tool before trying) but it refused to launch on the Automate server as well as on 2 other tech computers.

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”