WUA Versions Screen

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
sdaugherty

WUA Versions Screen

Post by sdaugherty »

I purchased the Patch Remedy plug in this week. After adding the plugin and doing the first scan, it displayed the computers. After 60 mins or so, the list on the bottem disappeared I havent been able to use it since. I know the data is there because i'm able to click the exporter button and i get the correct information.

Any ideas on how to get it working? I've removed the plug in, reinstalled the plug in, re-scanned, refreshed, tried different laptops. All with the same result. Am i missing a step?
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (98.66 KiB) Viewed 15122 times

Cubert

Re: WUA Versions Screen

Post by Cubert »

The data view you are referring to only shows out of date WUA, From your gauge it shows %100 so I would suspect that view to be empty.

The export, exports all the scanned agents up to date or not.

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I had a follow up question about the wua screen. We are showing machines that have the correct wua version in the bottom portion according to the top 'Current WUA Max Versions' Attached screenshot is one example. What is the reason for this and is there a way to clean it up or prevent it? Please advise.
Thanks
prwua2.jpg
prwua2.jpg (960.7 KiB) Viewed 15097 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That should not be there, Most likely there is a "space" in either the OS name or version number that is cause the plugin not to match the version.

If you close and reopen the plugin does the same machine show up in list?

If you query that system in SQL from the plugins_sw_patch_remedy_wua table and inspect the columns OS and version can you find an unwanted space on either piece of data?

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

Yes those machines show up after I exit and restart PR.
Her is the info when I pull up the table data for the table below. Is there a specific query to run? I am not the most familar with sql commands
prwua3.PNG
prwua3.PNG (146.27 KiB) Viewed 15088 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Here is the query that fills that view

Code: Select all

SELECT c.ComputerID AS ID, IF(c.LastContact > DATE_ADD(NOW(),INTERVAL -5 MINUTE),'Yes','No') AS `Online`,(c.flags & 1024) AS reboot, c.`Name` AS NAME, m.`Name` AS CLIENT, a.WUAVersion, a.OS AS OS FROM plugin_sw_patch_remedy_wua a LEFT JOIN computers c ON c.ComputerID = a.ComputerID LEFT JOIN clients m ON c.ClientID = m.ClientID  WHERE a.WUAVersion NOT IN (SELECT WUAVersion FROM plugin_sw_patch_remedy_maxwua WHERE OS = a.OS) AND a.ClientID IN (SELECT ClientID FROM `plugin_sw_patch_remedy_config` WHERE MasterSwitch = 1) and a.ComputerID NOT IN (SELECT ComputerID FROM `plugin_sw_patch_remedy_client_exclude`)
Submit a screeshot of the return of this query?

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

I ran the query . Here is the screenshot
Attachments
prwua4.PNG
prwua4.PNG (154.05 KiB) Viewed 15084 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ah..

I bet there is an extra space between Windows 7 and x64.

Can we query the MAX WAU table to see all Windows7 OS types. Compare the Windows 7 x64 to the same field shown below for the 2 agents showing up with "Windows7 x64"

Some where there is a difference as they do not match OS types so they show up as behind because there is not matches in maxwua for these 2 agents

jmaxwell

Post by jmaxwell »

Attached is the table data for maxwua table.. IF there is a specific query I need to run let me know.
prwua5.PNG
prwua5.PNG (25.47 KiB) Viewed 15080 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok lets run this code, It should backwards query the MAXwua table trying to match the OS of the agent. We should see at least one and hopefully only 1 entry returned.

edit the code below replacing 1234 with the computerID of one of the two agents we have issues with.

Code: Select all

Select * from plugin_sw_patch_remedy_maxwua WHERE OS = (select OS FROM plugin_sw_patch_remedy_wua where ComputerID = '1234')

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”