Windows 10 upgrade Not Pushing at all?

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
dpltadmin

Re: Windows 10 upgrade Not Pushing at all?

Post by dpltadmin »

I had configured the schedule with over 24 hours advance notice. I attached the logs, they do not appear to show PR scheduling scripts for the auto enabled computers at that time from what I can tell.

Configured time was for 9am on Sunday.

Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!
Attachments
Plugin_PatchRemedy.zip
(22.38 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Patch Remedy Windows 10 Schedule Configuration.jpg
Patch Remedy Windows 10 Schedule Configuration.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 7451 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Please send the whole log from LThost for that day where the schedule occurred. You may have to rerun the test and then capture the logs on the same day so LT does not overwrite them as it tends to.

The LT server should be scheduling the script in the same manner that the update now button does. So we should see it find and attempt to schedule or atleast report it didn't see any. else we should at least see the script scheduled.

If script got scheduled but there was some other issue then we need to look at agent logs during the 9 am hour to see what the script reported back as the issue during its run.

We can pre test the LTHost scheduler to see what it should do when its time buy running the following SQL statements. This will query for the "Day" we should schedule and the "TIME". Then we query for the list of agents to schedule.

When you run each command, its output should be what you set in the plugin.

Code: Select all

SELECT Value FROM properties Where Name = 'PatchRemedyWindows10UpgradeDay'
Return = DAY we should run (0-6)

SELECT Value FROM properties Where Name = 'PatchRemedyWindows10UpgradeHour'
Return = HOUR we should execute the schedule (0-23)

Select a.ComputerID, c.locationID FROM plugin_sw_patch_remedy_win10upgrades a LEFT JOIN computers c ON a.ComputerID = c.ComputerID WHERE a.AutoUpdate = '1' and a.AttemptDate IS NULL order by c.LocationID

Return is a list of agents and their IDs to schedule update against.

If you would reschedule your test and then execute these sql queries in SQLyog and post that here we can see where your a miss.

dpltadmin

Post by dpltadmin »

Thanks, those log files i believe had time stamps that should have included data from the day in question I just got side tracked and didn't get a chance to post them until a few days later.

Anyhow, when I retest I will pull the log files from that day.

I will also go through the SQL Queries and see what comes up. I for sure know the script wasn't scheduled and just failed because i looked at the script history of the agents in question and no Patch Remedy script was run on them at the expected time.

Thanks again for your help.

dpltadmin

Post by dpltadmin »

So I ran the queries and the Day of the week, Time of Day and Agents it should be scheduled for does line up.
0 = Sunday
9 = 9am
At this point just 1 agent set for auto upgrade schedule for testing came back in the query. I'm not going to mess with the scheduling in PR and we'll see if the script kicks off this Sunday as expected.

I looked at the agents currently scheduled scripts and there is nothing PR related scheduled for Sunday, Dec 23.

I assume changes to the schedule and changes to agents enabled for auto deployment are stored directly to the tables right as they are changed.

Can you tell me when PR plugin will schedule the script and how often it goes through this process? Then i can look and see if the script has been scheduled as expected.

Thanks!

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Patch Remedy is checking to see when it is 9am on a Sunday. When that time frame hits it schedules the script to run instantly. So script should be scheduled on or around Sunday at 9 am. That is why we want the logs for that time frame as it will show the sever setting the schedule then.

dpltadmin

Post by dpltadmin »

Cool deal. I'll get those logs. Thanks!

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”