Windows 10 Upgrade tab not showing all machines

Support and question forum for Patch Remedy 4 WUA plugin for LabTech. This plugin was retired on 06/01/2022. All new Patch Remedy 5 is now the current plugin. This forum is for retaining the old posts for Patch Remedy 4.
connectsys

Windows 10 Upgrade tab not showing all machines

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

We've only recently started using PR but have had it installed for around a week so hopefully it has had time to do its scans to populate the various views. We only have it attached to our own machines in Automate at the moment. We have 41 workstations in our company/location but only 31 are appearing in the Win10 tab (they are all Win10).

I can't spot any obvious difference between the ones that are appearing and the ones that aren't, I have some machines that are identical hardware and Win10 version but some appear and some don't. Weirdly I have some appearing in the list that don't appear anywhere else in the PR tabs (they are machines that shouldn't be on the system so I'd like to exclude them but I don't appear to have any way of doing that as the "Exclude Computer from Patch Remedy" doesn't appear on the right-click menu for the Win10 Upgrade tab).

Can you let me know please what causes machines to appear on that tab and how I can troubleshoot the ones that haven't? We are a hosted server with CW if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Ollie

Cubert

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade tab not showing all machines

Post by Cubert »

We fill the Windows 10 deferred view during standard scans of agents. But the agents need to be online to get this setting

If agent is not online and does not get a Patch Remedy scan script assigned then if never gets to line 44 which checks the regkey to see if OS is in deferred mode then writes that data to SQL "plugin_sw_patch_remedy_win10Deferred" table in Automate. If it is not in this table you will not see it in the Windows10 view.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (25.28 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

Return to “Patch Remedy for LabTech (Patch Remedy 4) Retired”