Habitat Windows Registry Search Tool

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Habitat Windows Registry Search Tool

Post by Cubert »

The Windows Registry Search tool allows you to search the registry of any Windows agent under a client in real time. You can select to search one agent or all agents at a location, for workstations and or server. Quickly find which agents have a given key value or sets of data in keys.

WindowsRegistrySearch.PNG
WindowsRegistrySearch.PNG (78.66 KiB) Viewed 10543 times

Select the Root Key to search and place in the sub key to find.

Example:
\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LTService

sirkerry

Re: Habitat Windows Registry Search Tool

Post by sirkerry »

Is there something special that needs to be done to search in/past subkeys with spaces in their names?

Whenever I try it I get ERROR: Invalid syntax.

The subkey I'm searching is \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\SSL 2.0

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Have you tried quoting it?

even try double double quotes like :

""HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\my key""

ccalverley

Post by ccalverley »

I have a request.

This is great to search for keys, but we can add a thing or two to this, so i figure maybe the search has an option to add all the computers with found registries to a group. that way if you need to change it, you can run a script on that group. Or go even further and give the option to search for a key and it's value, and be able to queue a change to that key on all the computers with that key.

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”