Habitat Local Administrators group Monitor (LAGM)

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Habitat Local Administrators group Monitor (LAGM)

Post by Cubert »

LAGM is used to monitor and restore changes made to your local administrators group across all PCs in your environments. Many viral attacks end up trying to add or change the users in the local administrators group of an infected PC. Sometimes, these subtle changes go unnoticed and end up causing very expensive repairs and/or loss of data.

LAGM now supports Mac OS X and popular linux distros like OpenSUSE, RedHat and Ubuntu.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 26923 times

A_Nimbus

Re: Habitat Local Administrators group Monitor (LAGM)

Post by A_Nimbus »

Hi Cubert,

When will this Add-on be available for download?

Kind regards

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Its in build 1.0.0.27 which is the current available build.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

Hi @cubert,

I believe I have located Habitat package - Habitat for ConnectWise Automate.
I was under the impression its freeware like Admon?

Can you advise.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Habitat is not free ware,

Habitat is a mass tool box of things we are working on or have made in the past that we made better. It was in free beta for about 6 months as we hammered out the issues but now is in its first month as a paid plugin.

Its at its cheapest price it will ever be. get in now in the month of March 2020 to get it at a huge discount. We are adding new tools every week or so so by years end this thing is going to be massive. And of course the price will change every month going forward until we hit MSRP of $99.00.

If you get in now it will stay 39.95 forever for your license, next month it will go up to $49.95 and so on as we hit our goals with additional tool counts.

A_Nimbus

Post by A_Nimbus »

HI Cubert,

Sounds great to me, one question the subscription is it a on a monthly basis or yearly sub.

Thanks

edward.cossett

Post by edward.cossett »

We've subscribed for the Habitat Plugin. We're in the process of rolling out these plugins for use, and we've enabled the LAGM plugin for all of our clients by using the On switch, however I'm not seeing anywhere to turn on these monitors. How can I debug the issue and figure out why it's not scanning for local admin users?

vjcsteve

Post by vjcsteve »

I've had Habitat installed for almost 2 weeks and still have no data for any client in the Habitat Local Administrators Group Monitor. I was previously using the Admon Local Admin Group Monitor and it worked great. I have the Enable Scans button set to ON for all clients, yet there's still no data under the Last Scan or Admin User columns. Right-clicking an online agent and selecting Rescan Agent does not return any information. Is there a Master Switch with the Habitat version, like there was with the ADMON version, that I'm missing?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

First confirm that you are actually on the latest build.
Should be build 1.0.0.36

Lets have a look at the logs.

Open up the server plugin log reader and select the habitat log. You should see twice a day agents being assigned the Habitat LAGM Maintenance Service script.

Look at an agents console where data is not showing and see what the output of the script is. Did it fail at any point?

No data means no successful scans are completing on any agents.

Normal scans should look like this, expect older scan dates for agents that are offline for extended periods.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.95 KiB) Viewed 27497 times

Post back what you find.

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

I turned this on for our internal customer, however not getting any data.
Checking on some of the systems in there, I see the PoSH and PrinterStatus scripts going at midnight and 13:00, but nothing for LocalAdmin.

What kind of logging am I looking for? (We're on-prem, so I can get the actual log file). And aside from switching that Enable Scans switch to ON on the Client level, anything else that should be done to make this work?

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”