Habitat Local Administrators group Monitor (LAGM)

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Re: Habitat Local Administrators group Monitor (LAGM)

Post by Cubert »

Nope thats it.

Have a look at your scripts folder

Scripts\Maintenance\Habitat LAGM Maintenance Service

Should be
Date 02/05/2020
Version: 1.0.0.24

Then using our SQL Analyzer or SQLYog on LThost see if your client shows as enabled

Execute

Code: Select all

Select ClientID FROM `plugin_p4a_habitat_lagm_config` Where MasterSwitch = 1
Then see if we can see widows agents for that client.

Execute

Code: Select all

Select DISTINCT ComputerID FROM computers 
WHERE LastContact > date_add(now(),interval -5 minute)
 and OS LIKE '%Windows%' and ClientID IN (Select ClientID FROM `plugin_p4a_habitat_lagm_config` Where MasterSwitch = 1)

This will produce a list of agents we are trying to schedule the script against. Look at those agents during the 1300 hour for this script to be scheduled. Look at logs in Log Viewer in Habitat or by accessing the LTHost and browsing to C:\Program Files\LabTech\Logs to read the Habitat plugin log during the 1300 hour mark to see if LAGM posted any logs.

Should see
Habitat LAGM Maintenance ISync Scans Executed on agent ID (xxx)

bmcfarlane

Post by bmcfarlane »

Sorry to jump in on this post but I also have empty LAGM. Machines show up but Last Scan and Admin User never populate. In checking scripts, for some reason the Habitat scripts show up under Maintenance -> Hard Disk Cleanup and I do not have any script listed for LAGM. Sounds like something strange with the install?

I did try using the ADMON free plug in previously. Could that have conflicted with Habitat?
Attachments
Habitat-screen-scripts.png
Habitat-screen-scripts.png (46.31 KiB) Viewed 20221 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ah no script will do it. And what version of Habitat are you showing?

So if you do a search of scripts for LAGM nothing pops up?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok I went and investigated the "missing LAGM script" lead and sure enough we had a typo in the create function causing SQL to fail to insert new LAGM script.

Build 1.0.0.37 has been released and should auto update tonight. If you want it sooner then log into portal account and find subscription. There should be a download link under your subscription for Habitat which will give you build 1.0.0.37.

Enjoy!

bmcfarlane

Post by bmcfarlane »

I confirmed my version is now 1.0.0.37 and the script is now showing up. I ran a Rescan Agent on a few machines and it is now showing the Admin User and Last Scan column information. I will check after 13:00 to see if another client I have it turned on for automatically shows up without me manually running the Rescan agent and let you know. Thanks for the fix!

UPDATE: The scans did run at 13:00 on my test client so it appears having the script in place did fix the issue. Thanks again.

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

Yes, version .37 fixed it for me too. It's amazing what typos can do ;)

Thanks!

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

So... What is the monitor supposed to do?

I enabled it, and it found all the Administrators group memberships for all our systems.
I then created a new user on my laptop, added it to the admin group, and did a manual scan on my machine, and it then shows up in the list.

But that's it. It's not in View Alarms. And there's no highlighting saying that new user was added.

What am I missing? Or is the alerting to changes future functionality?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, We found issues in the original monitors that caused failures so we did not bring that into this model. We are rewriting that piece entirely.

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

Feature request: Please also include Macs and Linux admin rights.

My Linux buddy tells me this would be a good query on Linux:
cat /etc/group | grep -i wheel
(Members of wheel have sudo access)

On Mac, both these commands seem to do the trick:
dscl . -read /groups/admin GroupMembership
dseditgroup -o read admin

And there are various ways to manipulate them, so it should be easy enough to add/remove users as well.

And having just gone through all our customers to turn on that switch, having a central panel to flip that switch would be nice.
And looking forward on the alerting. Would that be implemented like an Internal Monitor? (That way we can adjust the Alerting settings to our needs using the core Automate functionality), and have it run against the group(s) that we want. (I have it turned on for every client, but I don't necessarily want to be alerted for every client).
I'm a huge fan of using the built-in Automate monitoring functionality for this (and all the other P4A and Habitat plugin functions)

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

What flavor of Linux is that? RH/CentOS?

My Ubuntu systems are "admin" and "sudo" groups..

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”