Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Re: Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Post by Cubert »

Sorry for your confusion,

Tab 1 =Agents with excessive running commands Has 3 or more commands pending or executing from Automate

Tab 2 = Agents offline in LT but Online in SC so they are not really offline...

Tab 3 = Agents that are Online in Automate but offline or unconfigured in SC

Tab 4 = Agents that can not create any folders or write files from Automate scripting (Yeap! this was a thing for quite a while).

Tab 5+ = Any new tests we come up with as Automate grows! Feel free to request new verifications.
StalledAgents.PNG
StalledAgents.PNG (16.1 KiB) Viewed 27720 times

vjcsteve

Post by vjcsteve »

Was the log that will start with Stalled Agents Connect Server reports ID's offline -> in "C:\ProgramData\LabTech Client\Logs" date_LTErrors.log? When I open the log file the only two references I'm seeing to Stalled Agents are:

****************************************************************************************************************
2020-06-12 11:00:27.645 -04:00 [Information] APPLICATION_NAME=LTClient APPLICATION_VERSION=v200.81 THREAD_ID=42
"APPLICATION_NAME="LTClient""
"APPLICATION_VERSION="200.81""
"UTC_TIMESTAMP="2020-06-12 15:00:27.645""
"SOURCE="Plugin""
"MESSAGE="P4A Stalled Agents Plugin PSCommand Error:Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index""
****************************************************************************************************************
2020-06-12 11:00:27.646 -04:00 [Information] APPLICATION_NAME=LTClient APPLICATION_VERSION=v200.81 THREAD_ID=42
"APPLICATION_NAME="LTClient""
"APPLICATION_VERSION="200.81""
"UTC_TIMESTAMP="2020-06-12 15:00:27.646""
"SOURCE="Plugin""
"MESSAGE="Stalled Agents ConnectServer reports no offline agents..""

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

So that log show we queried the SC server and it returned nothing.

No id's at all so our index was empty.

michaeldiaz

Post by michaeldiaz »

Cubert wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:37 pm Sorry for your confusion,

Tab 1 =Agents with excessive running commands Has 3 or more commands pending or executing from Automate

Tab 2 = Agents offline in LT but Online in SC so they are not really offline...

Tab 3 = Agents that are Online in Automate but offline or unconfigured in SC

Tab 4 = Agents that can not create any folders or write files from Automate scripting (Yeap! this was a thing for quite a while).

Tab 5+ = Any new tests we come up with as Automate grows! Feel free to request new verifications.

StalledAgents.PNG
Thanks for this.

Regarding tab 2, we have 2772 agents here as of writing and i manually check some of it and some are offline in both LT and SC, can you help me with this?

Also, does habitat have automation that is supposed to be fixing this issue with agents online in sc but offline in LT?

Thanks,

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

There is a setting at the bottom that will set a given agent ID to manage Automated tasks. This agent is used to call SC URLs to send the restart command to offline agents. You will see this in the happen daily in the scripts logs of that agent.

jlester

Post by jlester »

Looks like our Tab 2 is still showing all offline LT agents, regardless of their status in SC. Tab 3 seems to be working great!

Looks like we're on 1.0.0.46. Are there any logs I can pull to see what's going on? The latest entry in Plugin_Habitat_Errors.txt is the following, and it doesn't seem to be correlated with opening up Stalled Agents:

6/25/2020 12:00:41 PM SetSQLYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1:::

More importantly, since this is my first time posting, I just want to say how much I appreciate you & all your work! We use these plugins daily, they're a real time saver. Worth every penny!

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

After a quick review, I see that we are not taking out the Offlice SC agents from this list so you are correct in what your seeing.

I will look in to that.

Thanks for the support, If you are getting value and time back the we have succeeded in our goal! Thank you.

MarkHodges

Post by MarkHodges »

I really want to rely on this stalled agents plugin but it really doesn't seem to be doing anything at all that I can tell.
After this .7 upgrade everyone has had agents offline that should be online and we are no exception. I've gone through the offline agents, and selected every single one that was offline since July 1, and right clicked to tell it to restart using control, all you get is one of the agents performing the command instead of all of them.
I also suspect this tab also doesn't actually show ONLY agents that are online in SC but offline in Automate so i really don't want to manually go select every single computer of the 300 or so listed and manually right click each one and tell it to start agents....

Edit..I've been manually going through my 280 agents offline...looks like almost every one are actually offline with control as well so maybe this is working...I guess I will have to wait until tuesday or something when the majority of clients are back in office to see how many agents I really have offline that are online.

I guess SC agents offline really means SC AND Automate are both offline....

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The Offline LT agents doe not currently look to see if its also offline in SC. So you will see all agents offline not just ones that show SC still UP.

We are looking to correct this in the next few builds.

TRTG

Post by TRTG »

Cubert wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:30 pm The Offline LT agents doe not currently look to see if its also offline in SC. So you will see all agents offline not just ones that show SC still UP.

We are looking to correct this in the next few builds.
Any development update on this? It will save us a tremendous amount of time trying to locate broken agents (SC online, agent offline).

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”