Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Detailed descriptions and imagery explaining each tool available inside Habitat. Feel free to post feature requests under each tools forum post if you would like to see something added or changed in the tools.
Cubert

Re: Habitat Stalled Agents Tool

Post by Cubert »

We made a few updates to Stalled Agents in build 1.0.0.29 due out tonight via auto update.

Habitat-Stalled-Agents.PNG
Habitat-Stalled-Agents.PNG (20.97 KiB) Viewed 31724 times

We have modified the view here to also pickup enabled but missing SC agents. These are agents that are listed in the screenconnect_installed table but have a SessionGUID of all zeros

vjcsteve

Post by vjcsteve »

When attempting to restart an agent I am receiving the error message "There is no Domain Admin user listed in the passwords tab for the client ID [4]. You will need to add this to Labtech before using tool." I have a domain admin account assigned to the client and that account is tied to the location. Screenshots are attached.
Attachments
CWA LocationID 6.png
CWA LocationID 6.png (19.29 KiB) Viewed 27436 times
CWA ClientID 4.png
CWA ClientID 4.png (22.62 KiB) Viewed 27436 times
Habitat error restarting agent.png
Habitat error restarting agent.png (7.84 KiB) Viewed 27436 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

The title must say "Domain Admin" the user can be anyone but the title of the account should be recognized as Domain Admin

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

Would it make sense for this plugin to use the value that's specified in the Location window as "Login to use for Administrator Access"? As it could be different per location (We had one or two customers where they acquired or merged with another customer, and thus had two different domains under one Client in Automate, just different Locations, and thus completely different domain admin accounts) (Future feature release upgrade)

Also, I appreciate what this is doing, and it's working great with the RMM+ plugin.

Some suggestions for future improvements:
- Offline LT Agents shows all agents (1800 for us right now since it's weekend). Can it differentiate and indicate/highlight the ones that have active ScreenConnect running? (As the rest could just honestly be offline, and we wouldn't really care about)
- The Last Check In column is a text field, and sorting gives non-date sort results. Can it either sort as a Date field? Or update the date entry to something sort-able (like 2020-04-12 13:32:00)
- Offline SC Agents. Prior to installing RMM+ it showed one agent (A linux box without GUI, so it's not going to get SC), and now we have 25 in there, including that one. Would it make sense to identify why it's in this list? (ie, which has a SessionGUID of all zeroes)
- Having said that, is there a way we can fix that in the plugin? Maybe a simple "Remove from screenconnect_installed table"?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes on pretty much all that,

I'll look in to these updates

vjcsteve

Post by vjcsteve »

I'm still missing something in the configuration as it doesn't appear Automate and Control are communicating through the Stalled Agent Manager. When I select the Offline SC Agents tab it says ScreenConnect reports no offline agents, but when I log into Control there are multiple agents offline.
  • My Automate and Control are both on the same server.
  • I can connect to systems with Control through Automate.
  • The title of the admin account on the Passwords tab of the company is Domain Admin.
Attachments
Habitat SC offline agents.png
Habitat SC offline agents.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 23037 times
Habitat SC reports no offline agents.png
Habitat SC reports no offline agents.png (23.75 KiB) Viewed 23037 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That may be possible,

Can you confirm that the offline SC agents are not also offline as an Automate agent as well?

If Both SC and LT are shown as offline we do not list them as they are most likely really offline. The plugin attempts to show you agents that are online in one section but not the other.

See if this is the case or not.

Next to test if SC server requests are going through try to use SC to restart an LT agent. If there is an issue with access or the RMM+ plugin then it should report it during a run to restart LT services. Does this report successful or errors out?

vjcsteve

Post by vjcsteve »

I can restart the services for an Automate agent and even reinstall an Automate agent through Control.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We use this SQL query to see what agents show in LT database as SC offline and we use POSH to query The Connect Server to get a list of IDs that are offline. We place those ID's in to the SQL statement below to get a final list of agents that are online in LT but Offline in SC.

I am adding to the Stalled agents for next build a log that will start with Stalled Agents Connect Server reports ID's offline -> in "C:\ProgramData\LabTech Client\Logs" date_LTErrors.log. When you launch the stalled agents plugin it will log the return of SC query here. This will allow you to actually see what SC is returning to plugin. Plug that string of IDs into the SQL query below to see who matches up to an offline agent in LT and who does not.

You will need to wait for next update to Habitat for this log feature to be present. Shouldn't be but a few days tops.

Code: Select all

SELECT a.ComputerID, c.name as Computer, b.Name as Client, c.LastContact FROM plugin_screenconnect_scinstalled a LEFT JOIN computers c on a.ComputerID = c.ComputerID LEFT JOIN clients b on c.ClientID = b.ClientID WHERE c.Name IS Not Null and c.LastContact > date_add(now(),interval -5 minute) and (a.SessionGUID IN (    SessionID's Retruned by POSH HERE   ) or a.SessionGUID = '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000')

michaeldiaz

Post by michaeldiaz »

Hello,

I'm confused on what is the view for, is it only showing stalled agents or just agents that are offline in Automate? I'm hoping that there's a view that shows machines who are offline in Automate and online in Screenconnect.

Thanks,

Return to “Habitat Documentation Forum”