ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\Windows10UG.hta'.

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
BlooTech

ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\Windows10UG.hta'.

Post by BlooTech »

"Save text file failed" -

Code: Select all

- I'm getting this error after the user agrees to the upgrade prompts. It's been 4 weeks and I still have yet to have one successful upgrade, please help. :cry:

Cubert

Re: ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\Windows10UG.hta'.

Post by Cubert »

There is a lot going on with the Windows updater which can go wrong so I will need to understand you policy that your using.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.72 KiB) Viewed 5168 times
This area should be creating the HTA file on the local agent when policy runs. The file is placed here C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\ so for the error you have does the agent have this directory in place?

BlooTech

Re: ERR an error occurred: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\WINDOWS\LTSvc\Habitat\Windows10UG.hta'.

Post by BlooTech »

It's not creating the directory so its failing to create that file.

Command: SaveTextFile

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

I created the LTSvc\Habitat folder manually and it created the file and displayed the popup HTA. What's going on with this? Why do I have to manually create this directory?

Lets see if it actually goes through this time though... I'll report back shortly.

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Finally, I was able to complete an upgrade! @cubert, Any idea why its failing to create the Habitat dir?

Also, is there a way we can have the "Allow users to cancel the update" set to Yes by default so if they don't click anything it will upgrade?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

BlooTech wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm Finally, I was able to complete an upgrade! @cubert, Any idea why its failing to create the Habitat dir?

Also, is there a way we can have the "Allow users to cancel the update" set to Yes by default so if they don't click anything it will upgrade?
BlooTech, the folder should of been created earlier in script as it navigates your policy. It either has failed to do so or you are following a logic path that has missed this step.

I am goin to review the logic and see if there was a miss in steps with in our script and if so fix and get an update out later today.

Can you send me a image of your entire policy so I can verify the logic path your using. you can redact any actual data, I only need the fields being used and check boxes selected.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok this should be resolved in build 1.0.0.59

There was a logic path that failed to create directory prior to trying to use directory when using user interaction.

The plugin should auto update tonight or you can log into our main web site to review your account and grab URL for manual updates.

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Thank you! I'll give this a shot and report back.

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

That update did the trick!

Is there a way we can have the "Allow users to cancel the update" set to Yes by default so if they don't click anything it will upgrade?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Unfortunately not, that popup window action is a function of LTscripting and only has one method of response. If it was coming as code from our plugin then yes we could of made that the running default.

Return to “Habitat”