Enable/Disable Individual Tools

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
maxgruv

Enable/Disable Individual Tools

Post by maxgruv »

Wasn't sure where to post more general Habitat questions, so adding this here. We recently installed the plugin and it shows lots of promise. However, I don't see any options to enable or disable individual tools from the master "Control Center" tab. For instance, I'd rather not use the Stalled Agent Detector tool at this point since I don't think it's doing much for us, but the script is clogging our script queues. I did a "Find Script" to see if it was scheduled on a group or monitor, but something in the plugin is triggering it on individual agents that I'd like to stop for now. Same goes for various scripts used by the other tools.

What will keep me using Habitat is being able to easily control the various tools and whether they are actively running, auto-scheduling scripts on thousands of agents, etc. If there's not a simple way of doing that then we'll need to rethink whether this is a good solution for us. Please let me know if there is a way to do this or if it's on the roadmap for release soon.

Thanks!

Cubert

Re: Enable/Disable Individual Tools

Post by Cubert »

Several of the tools have enable switches for them but I agree not all items under automation have this control. I can also see where a MSP for any number of reasons may want to limit the automation taking place.

This seems to be a reasonable need so I will look to add some means to control this in the next couple of releases. I will need to think about the best way to deliver this control and do some quick research as to what might be the result of disabling the automated functions.

We will need to be able to identify that overrides are in place or tools are disabled and log this in a manor that support can use with troubleshooting issues and users can see tool is unavailable.

maxgruv

Post by maxgruv »

Awesome, appreciate the quick reply @cubert!

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We have some progress with your request.

Automation Services Manager

Automation Service Manager.PNG
Automation Service Manager.PNG (46.19 KiB) Viewed 3913 times

The new Automation Services Manager in build 1.0.0.51 allows the MSP to control all the automates services that Habitat uses in the background. You can enable or disable any service including the script schedulers that control the data flow to Automate.

#NOTE: Turning off services will cause different tools to stop updating their data or pushing any automated tasks down to agents. Before any support inquires are made, make sure your issues are not related to Automated Services. Check to see if another tech turned on or off a service.

Database Maintenance Tool

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (64.99 KiB) Viewed 3913 times

If your having issues with the Scheduled Scripts Viewer in Automate due to excessive script scheduled from Habitat Service you can also use the Database Maintenance Tool to enable one or more of the Scheduled Scripts cleanup functions. These functions run daily and clean up any stale records from the different script schedules.

maxgruv

Post by maxgruv »

Love it, thanks!

Return to “Habitat”