Managed Printers not showing up for any clients

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
jeffdoggendorf

Managed Printers not showing up for any clients

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

For the Habitat Printer Status tab, we are never able to get any printers to show up for any clients. Other tabs and functions in Habitat are working properly, but we are not able to get Printers to show up. We run the scans and it looks like it is sending commands to the workstations, but nothing appears.

Troubleshooting attempted so far:
- Confirmed the Habitat plugin is installed as directed in the install page. (https://www.plugins4automate.com/pages/ ... to-labtech)
- Went into all clients and set Enable Scans to On.
- Went to Tools-Habitat-Control Center -Printer Status Global Manager. Clicked on refresh to scan the printers and nothing shows up.
Screenshots attached.
Attachments
printer2.png
printer2.png (32.78 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
printer1.png
printer1.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 7255 times

jeffdoggendorf

Re: Managed Printers not showing up for any clients

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Also tried completely uninstalling and readding the Habitat plugin. This did not resolve the issue and there are still no printers showing up in any clients.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok here is how it works and what to look for when it doesn't.

By default printer scans take place twice a day, once at midnight and once at between 12pm and 1 pm based on internal timers in Automate.

The refresh scans button will force the same function right now for all systems under that client that are enabled(+or - servers).

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (118.38 KiB) Viewed 7244 times

The function is a script found in Scripts/Maintenance/Habitat Printer Maintenance

The scanner is script based so you will need to allow several minutes for script to run through the schedule of scripts and return data. It goes out and grabs all printers that the OS maybe reporting. You can find the script being scheduled by opening the console of agent and reviewing the scripts log. In script log it will log failures if any and in the commands log area you can see what script is executing on agent and what the return is.

After a few minutes use the "Refresh" button a bottom of plugin tool bar to reload printer data from database and refresh the view from new scans completing.

Post all script logs and command logs back here so we can see what it was not liking on any given agent.

I suspect it maybe either script is missing (restart the DBagent) or time zones are different at client so scrips are delayed in execution by X hours.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Cubert - Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct about the script. The path Scripts/Maintenance/Habitat Printer Maintenance does not exist. I did restart the DB Agent but nothing appeared. This is what I see when browsing in Scripts/Maintenance
Attachments
Habitat.png
Habitat.png (60.13 KiB) Viewed 7234 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Can you confirm or not the following scripts exist? (Higelight Maintenance) but if not there run a search scripts. Your folder # 8 may not be maintenance but some other folder and all scripts would be there then.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (81.94 KiB) Viewed 7226 times

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Ok, I was able to find the scripts in the Maintenance\Defragmentation folder. I tried to manually run the Habitat printer script on an agent but they don't appear at all when selecting an agent and going to Scripts\Maintenance\Defragmentation.

There is no option I can find that will allow me to manually schedule a script so that I can see what is in the logs. I tried editing one of the habitat scripts and making it public, but that did not allow it to show up either. The only way I can see them is by going into automation-scripts-view scripts and searching from there.
Attachments
Habitat2.png
Habitat2.png (94.82 KiB) Viewed 7214 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok good that scripts are there, You can move them where you like if needed but by default Defragment is your folder number "8" where everyone else is "maintenance". No harm just means you have to look here for scripts.

Ok so, to make sure we are both on same page, if you open the printer console under any client and select to rescan client, you see it sending scan to client in the plugin but if you open agent console you do not see in the scripts details, any mention of the Habitat printer maintenance script as see in my image. This happens on all clients?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (157.02 KiB) Viewed 7200 times

Can you confirm the current build your on? Should be 1.0.0.44

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

That is correct. On every client, if I select the option to "rescan" it shows that it is sending commands. If I go to the actual agent and check the scripts section, the Habitat Printer Maintenance Script never shows up. I checked the version and it looks like I am one version behind. Running 1.0.0.43.
Version.png
Version.png (3.69 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
printers1.png
printers1.png (25.61 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
Results1.png
Results1.png (122.24 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
As a test, I tried to manually run the script just to see if I could do so. If I select the agent and right click and go to scripts-maintenance-defragmentation none of the Habitat scripts show up as an option. (Maybe that is by design but just wanted to mention it). Thanks for the help so far and for continually reviewing my updates, looking forward to getting this working.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Can you attempt a rescan from a client then right afterwards grab from C:\ProgramData\LabTech Client\Log\{currentDate}_LTcErrors.txt and post it here.

I need to see if we are getting some error from your client.

jeffdoggendorf

Post by jeffdoggendorf »

Sure, please see the attached log from a PC after running the scan on that client. It would not let me attach a txt file so I converted it to PDF.
Attachments
20200615_LTcErrors - Notepad.pdf
(161.79 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Return to “Habitat”