Google Drive Large File Downlaoder issues

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
edward.cossett

Google Drive Large File Downlaoder issues

Post by edward.cossett »

Posted this in the Google Drive forum a while back, not sure if you've seen this:

Last night Google Drive Plugin was able to grab the ISO for some machines and update with the upgrade assistant using the API key. Sadly, however I started getting this after it downloaded the ISO for about 7 or 8 machines:
{
"error": {
"errors": [
{
"domain": "global",
"reason": "downloadQuotaExceeded",
"message": "The download quota for this file has been exceeded."
}
],
"code": 403,
"message": "The download quota for this file has been exceeded."
}
}

Seems that we weren't able to download with the link after that many downloads, and apparently google limits downloads with direct links. So a portion of our computers were able to download the ISO, and then the rest got limited. I'm reading that this means we can't download with the link for 24hours. But I can still download manually with the export link that the Habitat-GDLFD is supposed to download it with.

However, I'm still noticing the issue where that executable runs and exits almost immediately and doesn't download the file. Running it manually does nothing either. Is there something I'm missing with that EXE? I can download the EXE just fine, but it's not seeming to be able to download anything from google drive for me.

If the API Key wasn't rate limited for large files, that would work, but we can't seem to be able to try and push any more than 7 machines or so a day, before we hit that 24 hour cap with the API Key. Any ideas why GDLFD isn't working for us?

Cubert

Re: Google Drive Large File Downlaoder issues

Post by Cubert »

I will look into the GDLFD to see if there has been some functional change that has caused a breakdown with that work around. It was a previous generation fix to a Google problem that may be having issues.

Have you tried to use the Network Cache option?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4 KiB) Viewed 3930 times

This should allow 1 agent to download from Google and then all other agents try and get it from local resources. This would allow for at least 8 locations every 24 hours and would reduce bandwidth at each location by a factor of 7. That location could potentially hold hundreds of agents doing upgrades.

edward.cossett

Re: Google Drive Large File Downlaoder issues

Post by edward.cossett »

Thanks for the respnse! I've looked into using the Network Cache option, but sadly there isn't a great use case for us in testing right now, since most people are still working remotely.

Return to “Habitat”