List your recommended 3rd party apps

Support forums for the Habitat Automate plugin
MarkHodges

List your recommended 3rd party apps

Post by MarkHodges »

I've been slowly adding apps to the plugin, but its more or less replacing the apps updated by automate first. What else do people update.
Here are the ones I've added so far (love the fact I can copy and past out of the grid)

zoom zoom-client
adobe%air% adobeair
pdfcreator% pdfcreator
vlc%media% vlc
Adobe%flash%active% flashplayeractivex
Adobe%Flash%PPAPI% flashplayerppapi
amazon%corretto% corretto8jdk

Cubert

Re: List your recommended 3rd party apps

Post by Cubert »

Very cool! I may try and create some kind importer / exporter tool so you guys can share searches easier.

MarkHodges

Post by MarkHodges »

knowing what apps people have successfully done without issue is great...I mean I can add something but always worry its going to blow something up..knowing others have had no real issues helps...

JvdMaat

Post by JvdMaat »

Ditto. The lack of more granular control is somewhat scary. Once I add an app to the main Habitat screen, it's live and will get updated on all enabled clients.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Correct,

The reasoning was based on all the previous versions of Chocolatey we have done. This was the progression of a tool from very complex with many options and settings to manage to a middle ground where some controls removed in set to a common default to taking pretty much all the effort at all to manage basic application updates.

Now that we have chosen this version over the rest to include and continue to improve and integrate into Habitat we will focus our attentions back to making some control available to the MSP to improve manageability.

Return to “Habitat”