A few app update questions

The support forum for the App Genie plugin. Find how-to's, product announcements and reported issues and resolutions. Posting here should be for the App Genie plugin.
connectsys

A few app update questions

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

We are now using App Genie and have a few questions.
Screen1.JPG
Screen1.JPG (55.62 KiB) Viewed 14562 times
What do the red and green circles on the left of the Enabled agents section refer to? Is it whether the agent is online or not?

We've had the product running for a few weeks now but as you can see, for instance for Putty, the repo is .72 but we still have .71 as the Installed version, it is clearly detecting it is the same product although the app name is showing as PuTTY release 0.71, should it have updated it to .72?
Java.JPG
Java.JPG (40.54 KiB) Viewed 14562 times
The Java versions seem a bit off in the second screenshot, is that to do with the way I'm setting up the Java package?
versions.JPG
versions.JPG (21.66 KiB) Viewed 14562 times
Another versions question where the numbers are out of sync with each other, do I need to define the packages differently? Is there any way, for instance, to make it update VNC Free Edition 4.1.3 to 5.3.2 if that is the available package?

Is the product logging stuff anywhere so I can troubleshoot problems?

Finally, more of a feature request I guess - are there plans to be able to enable it on a Location level rather than just a Company level? We have some companies which would want apps updated in some Locations but not others.

Many thanks in advance!

Ollie

Cubert

Re: A few app update questions

Post by Cubert »

Yes red/green dot = online agents as on "Now"

As for pUTTY
Will need to look at the query that compares the versions. may have an issues with it showing up in out of date query. (we will look at this)

Java is another bean altogether. Java like to leav the old java and install alongside the next build. So you will never really update java , just replaces it build number by build number so what you see is accurate.

For VNC, I would expect that free would update, so lets have a peek at the logs to see what is actually happening. In server logs is App Genie shoing that agent ID xxx is being sent a update to VNC free? Depending on answer we look to see if one the SQL query that compares versions failed to pick up package or the framework failed to update agent.

One of the 2 happened so we need to determine which so we can go dig at the deeper. Pull server lugs for App Genie and look at commands run on agent via agent logs to see if we tried and failed or didn't try.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Using the function here select agent and run update now to see what it starts working on. Monitor the scripts and commands tabs of the agent to see what and when App Genie does anything.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (78.6 KiB) Viewed 14543 times

connectsys

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

Apologies for the delay, I've not looked at the product for a few weeks. Can you tell me please how I go about getting the App Genie server logs? We are a cloud install so I don't have access to the console anymore if that is relevant.

Many thanks

Ollie

connectsys

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

I didn't get a response to this, can you get back to me please?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

In hosted versions that becomes an issue. You can request from support the logs.

The other option for you is to beta test our new Habitat plugin when released. It will have a log fetcher in it just for this reason. Hosted RMM users have very little options when it comes to management of HOST. We aim to fix that oversight with Habitat.

Visit our Habitat forums for more information on how to get it when it is released to beta.

Return to “App Genie”