Does App Genie work with hosted Automate

The support forum for the App Genie plugin. Find how-to's, product announcements and reported issues and resolutions. Posting here should be for the App Genie plugin.
connectsys

Does App Genie work with hosted Automate

Post by connectsys »

Hi there

Can you tell me if I can use this on a cloud hosted Automate deployment please?

Also, sorry to be a pedant but in the "Installed Application Maintenance" screenshot you have in the "App Genie 1.0.0 Overview" you have Agents Effected and Apps Effected. Not sure if you have changed it since but it should be Affected not Effected.

Thanks in advance

Ollie

Cubert

Re: Does App Genie work with hosted Automate

Post by Cubert »

Lol yes, our dev team had a battle over the effect versus affect

Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.
So is the plugin "Affecting" the software titles or is it and "Effect" of the App Search?

Currently we have as effect, as a engineer, english being my second language to machine language I will have to take your word on that. We are not adverse to change if that's the correct usage.

As for on Prem and Hosted, Works the same for both! Just follow the install instructions here

https://www.plugins4labtech.com/pages/h ... to-labtech

connectsys

Re: Does App Genie work with hosted Automate

Post by connectsys »

Thanks for the prompt response Cubert! I have to say that even native speakers struggle with that occasionally, I have to correct co-workers now and again ;) Please rest assured though that affected is the correct usage in this case.

Thanks a lot for the info, looking forward to trying it out. Is the cost shown a flat monthly rate?

Ollie

Return to “App Genie”