App Genie 1.0.0 Overview

The support forum for the App Genie plugin. Find how-to's, product announcements and reported issues and resolutions. Posting here should be for the App Genie plugin.
MarkHodges

Re: App Genie 1.0.0 Overview

Post by MarkHodges »

I noticed on my machine I have spotify installed and it looks like its installed in my profiles appdata location.
Its wildly out of date even though an update looks like it ran an hour ago.
How do we see why its not updating that app?

MarkHodges

Post by MarkHodges »

Feature Request: Be able to type in partial name of app and have a search button that finds all the chocolately packages related to that name.
aka, I type in utorrent% and search and it tells me if there is a package for that name and obviously what the package name is.

I had to go lookup in the website what the package was (although it was as I was going to guess).
be even cooler if you could somehow run a report against a machine, and it would auto try and find an existing packages that exist for those apps...when you could click and add them that way vs doing it manually...

BlooTech

Post by BlooTech »

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just being impatient but this doesn't appear to be working correctly for me. I installed the plugin, reloaded DB, refreshed my cache. Initially, no workstations showing up after checking the enable workstations box. No log either. Reinstalled plugin from CWA server, I now see a log about the client I checked the enable workstations box for previously. I do not see any list of software for any of these agents. I went to a different site, clicked enable workstations and 10 min later still no workstations showing up for this site. No activity in the log since reinstall and it scanning that first site... What am I doing wrong?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Patients young grasshopper,

Automation is set to the top of the hour so allow a few hours for everything to start to populate.

wdyoung

Post by wdyoung »

I'm seeing a lot of the below error when I look through the

The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests. Too Many Requests

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Is this SQL errors? Where are you seeing theses?

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We just released build 1.0.19.0

http://support.plugins4automate.com/dow ... 250e614a4e

We added a new control in the global manager section to control how often the automation runs.

Using the KISS method, there are 2 current options available (Fast and Slow)

Fast is what you currently have now in 1.0.18.0, 1 of 3 functions runs every hour.
Slow is each of the 3 main functions runs only once per day and does it all before 7 AM.

Global manager.PNG
Global manager.PNG (71.45 KiB) Viewed 15713 times
Click on the Rabbit/Turtle icon to flip between fast and slow scan speeds.

wdyoung

Post by wdyoung »

Cubert wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm Is this SQL errors? Where are you seeing theses?
Looking at the automate command history

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ah, maybe we need to slow down the script executions some. I will look into that.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We just released build 1.0.20.0 which adds a sleep between updates to assist in the reported error.

http://support.plugins4automate.com/dow ... 728f6cc165

Return to “App Genie”