Get The Scoop On What's New
Want to know what Plugins4Automate is doing for ConnectWise Automate? Come check out our blog and find out about new products and updates that we are working on! https://www.plugins4labtech.com/blogs/blog

Client Specific Apps or Exclusions?

The support forum for the App Genie plugin. Find how-to's, product announcements and reported issues and resolutions. Posting here should be for the App Genie plugin.
DigitalOptix

Client Specific Apps or Exclusions?

Post by DigitalOptix » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Starting to play around with App Genie and have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to manage a list of apps to update at a client level (rather than just global)? I don't see anything, so I'm assuming not, but figured I would ask.

2. Is there a way to exclude a particular global app from being updated on at a Client, Location or Agent level? For example, if I had a subset of computers that needed to remain on Java 8 Update 121 (bad example, I know), is there a way of accomplishing this?

Thanks!

Cubert

Re: Client Specific Apps or Exclusions?

Post by Cubert » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:07 pm

App Genie was meant to be very simple and with very little control needed. If you want to control the packages, the deployments to different agents and clients then I would suggest you have a look at Chocolatey for Automate.

It Chocolatey For Automate is the full blow version of what App-Genie attempts to do for you as updates.