Visited From Column

This forum is retired in support of the new SurfLog for Automate plugin Forum. If you have not updated to Build 2.0.0.+ and are a current subscriber, you can log into Plugins4Automate.com and cancel the current subscription and then purchase the new version.

Forum to support the operation and usage of SurfLog plugin for LabTech
DomoB90

Visited From Column

Post by DomoB90 »

Hi again,

I promise this is the last question. What is the "Visited From" column? It's not populating in my view and I don't see it populated in the Surf Log tutorial video or explained in the documentation.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
Dominick

Cubert

Re: Visited From Column

Post by Cubert »

The following Web browsers are supported:

Internet Explorer (Version 4.00 and greater)
Mozilla Firefox (Version 3.00 and greater)
Microsoft Edge
Google Chrome
Safari
Opera (Version 15 or later, which is based on Chrome Web browser)

Known Limitations and Problems

Visit Count' on Internet Explorer Web browser: The 'Visit Count' column is taken "as is" from the history file of Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer tend to extremely bloat the 'Visit Count' number, which means that you cannot assume that the 'Visit Count' number represents the actual number of times that the user visited the specified Web site. This remark is only relevant for Internet Explorer. Other Web browsers count the number of visits properly, as far as I know.

Some browsers may give up Visited from information. If they do we capture it here.

DomoB90

Post by DomoB90 »

So "Visited From" would be like if someone clicked a link on a page? I'm just wondering because I have a few days of data from several clients now and the "Visited From" column isn't populated in any of them.

Best,
Dominick

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

browser may not report that data. It may only be Opra or Firefox that reports that.. but column will exist for all browsers.

Return to “SurfLog Browsing Metrics for Labtech”