First Release Build 1.0.10

This forums is to discuss issues and features of the Linux update Manager plugin for LabTech RMM
Cubert

First Release Build 1.0.10

Post by Cubert »

Here is our first release of this plugin.

https://www.plugins4labtech.com/product ... te-manager

collinsit

Re: First Release Build 1.0.10

Post by collinsit »

I didn't see a section for this in the Squid Squad area so I figured I would post this here. I am really happy this plugin was built as I had been testing the Apt-Get one and was about ready to use it for a client when they decided they were going to rebuild their 10 Linux servers on CentOS which meant we had no patching option for them.

A couple things I am noticing initially. Once all the systems are scanned, all of them except one say they need a reboot. That might be correct, I am not sure but one of them is a pretty unstable system and has to be rebooted periodically so I would be a bit surprised it still needs a reboot.

I also see that the Auto update checkbox gets checked whenever the refresh button is clicked and I opened the plugin today and it was checked even though I had unchecked it last night. I am mainly concerned about the servers being patched at the wrong time and causing issues. It would be nice to have a bit more control over the scheduling of updates as well.

Also, most of the servers, except one show 0 missing patches. I had been doing some yum testing on these new CentOS machines a while ago as I was looking at putting together my own plugin to patch them, and when I ran Yum on the servers they were showing some patches available. I am not sure if you are running a different command to check or something but the results don't seem to be the same.

We have about 15 Linux servers, most CentOS thanks to the client rebuilding them but we do have some Ubuntu as well so if you want me to do some testing for you I am happy to do that, assuming it isn't going to reboot or bring down the servers unexpectedly.

Neal

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

Has there been any more development on this plugin? I would love to help with some more testing and development if needed.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks

Neal

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Oh we are making updates yes. Its free so just go get it and use it. Report back issues you see.

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

It is tricky to say whether it it is working or not. The main view in the Update Manager says that most of the servers don't have any missing updates but does say all of them, except one require a reboot. I ran yum check-update on a couple machines and they do say there are no updates from what I can tell. The did show missing updates before when I had previously run it a while back. I am concerned that the plugin may have updated them automatically even though I did deselect the Auto update nightly unchecked. When I went into the plugin now that option was checked so it may have done the updates.

I can't see anything in the script logs about it doing updates but I do see the errors below in some of the commands. It would be nice to be able to see a bit of a history for the patches too so we know when they were installed or something, similar to the patch view where you can filter out and only show missing patches. Not critical but it would be nice to have and to be able to report on patching or patch history.

Yum SQL [DELETE FROM plugin_p4l_lum_packages WHERE ComputerID = 4774 ;INSERT IGNORE INTO plugin_p4l_lum_packages Values awk: cmd. line:1: { print (4774,' $1 ',' $2 '),}
awk: cmd. line:1: ^ syntax error
awk: cmd. line:1: { print (4774,' $1 ',' $2 '),}
awk: cmd. line:1: { print (4774,' $1 ',' $2 ')]

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yea that should be looked at.. lets get a ticket open for you... email helpdesk@ to automate a ticket for me to assist you.

collinsit

Post by collinsit »

Just an FYI, I sent in a ticket yesterday for some of the issues I have been running into.

Return to “Linux Update Manager”