License Expired?

This forum is for supporting the PFSense plugin and any internal scripts and services.
tgeske

License Expired?

Post by tgeske »

I have been using this free pfsense plugin for a while and recently just noticed that it's no longer working and says License Expired everywhere that I attempt to open it. I tried to remove the plugin, drop the existing pfsense tables from the database, restarted dbagent and did re install of the plugin. Same results, license expired. Tried searching the forums but didn't find anything helpful. Any suggestions to get this plugin working again?

Cubert

Re: License Expired?

Post by Cubert »

Sorry that one slipped by us.

We were not sure if we were going to place this plugin into our premium or not and so it was set to expire 01/01/2019

We have now increased the free run to 1/1/2020

Enjoy!

chipit

Post by chipit »

Hello,

We have run into the same problem with this plugin being expired. Can you let us know if this is permanent or you are able to increase the validity further?

Thanks

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We have increased the free run to 1/1/2021

If your getting errors in licensing please send us a screenshot and your LTHost name so we can have a peek.

chipit

Post by chipit »

We no longer have the expired license issue. However, after adding the credentials for pfsense boxes to the password tabs within Automate locations, we never see a pfsense tab on the location. Having watched a video we should apparently see this after credentials are added.

Is anyone able to assist or tell me what we're missing?

Thanks.

chipit

Post by chipit »

Sorry, needed to be in the sub location where the probe was running!
Still not seeing the firewalls though after switching on management in the pfsense 4 labtech tab.
Any ideas?

tgeske

Post by tgeske »

Cubert wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:49 pm We have increased the free run to 1/1/2021

If your getting errors in licensing please send us a screenshot and your LTHost name so we can have a peek.
Hi Cubert,
Now I know you extended the license until 01/01/2021, but wanted to see what your plans were for this plugin? Any chance you can extend the license until next year? This plugin is really my only way to have visibility into multiple pfsense boxes and is a huge time saver, would love to continue to utilize it.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

We increased license until 2021-06-01.

This is slated to go onto the paid plugin this year but we haven't got around to pricing it out.

For what your getting out of it, what kind of value does it bring and if it went to a monthly subscription what would you think is a fair price for the services?

tgeske

Post by tgeske »

Right now I'm really only using it for routine backups, I do like the view of the services that you have. Maybe others are able to get more use out of it that I'm not? Having that said, I'm not sure that I'd pay for this plugin where it's currently at. If you could expand on the functionality I'd be more interested, here are some ideas I have.
  • Managing plugins and even have ability to update them at device/location level. +1 for being able to do this globally with 1 click.
  • Another super useful item would be to schedule updates to the actual device (to latest stable version) and reboot so it's after hours.
  • Also, I wish we could also set the AgentID to be used to talk to the firewall, sometimes the plugin picks a laptop that is off network.
  • Now for a dream - Ability to manage pfBlockerNG lists (I'd LOVE to have a few standard list sets to pick/combine and apply at device or location level). Tall order, but a man can dream rite?
I don't know if Netgate will ever have any sort of cloud management portal, the only 3rd party that I've ever seen is pfmonitor.com which does have some nice features and is only $2/device/month. Have not personally used this product but have thought about it.

Return to “PFSense 4 LabTech”