only getting three machines in console

Supports the detector plugin and any feature or other requests around the plugin.
ocnjkayak

only getting three machines in console

Post by ocnjkayak »

Do the stalled agents need to be "onboarded" in LabTech to see them in the Stalled Agents console? I'm only seeing three machines. I know there are more.

Thank you!

ocnjkayak

Re: only getting three machines in console

Post by ocnjkayak »

Or it shows agents that are "stalled" but not really stalled...

ocnjkayak

Post by ocnjkayak »

Just read the info about this plugin again... maybe it's not really doing what I think it's supposed to do. I thought it might check to see what machines are not checking in and need the LT services started up again but that doesn't appear to be what this does. The LT agent still checks in to the LT server but is in a "stalled" state.

Sometimes you have a number of machines where the LT agent gets stuck in an "executing" state. When this happens the only thing the machine will do is check in to the LT server. Solution is a reboot or restart of the LT service.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

This plugin queries the database for agents that have running commands currently.

We then count how many running or "executing" commands are going per system. If you see a system that has more than 3 or 4 commands then that is most likely a stuck agent.

A stuck agent can check in without issue but does not process any services or commands from the LT server. Basically a 1 way communication taking place. Agent send ping to LT server but LT commands are ignored (not read into agent).

The only way to fix is to restart the agent service on PC.

We provide remote tools to recover agent and the means to see what agents look to be stuck.

If agent is not running any commands it will not show up here in list.

Return to “Stalled Agents Detector Plugin”