I see duplicate [Plugin Name here] in my menus or as tabs in consoles

Basic information about support , installs, plugin management and open discussions about ConnectWise Automate and the plugins integrations available. Please keep it respectful of others. Thanks you.
Cubert

I see duplicate [Plugin Name here] in my menus or as tabs in consoles

Post by Cubert »

You might find yourself with the same plugin showing up multiple times in your system if you have recently upgraded a plugin or have reinstalled a plugin.

Where are the names coming from and how did that happen? Here is the skinny!

The plugin manager has a flaw in it where it will allow the MSP to overwrite a plugin with another plugin. You will only receive a quick pop up warning that the GUID's do not match and if you click the "OK" it allows you to replace the original plugins DLL file with any plugins DLL file.

The names do not change but the version numbers do as well as the plugin's visuals inside the RMM tool.

If the MSP fails to select the correct plugin before trying to upload a newer version then the default selection will be the target of the upgrade. This is typically the first plugin in the plugin manager list.

To test which plugin was overwritten, disable the first plugin in the list, log out of Labtech and back in again. Check to see if the duplicate plugin is now gone in the menus and or consoles. If so then the plugin you disabled was the overwritten plugin. Go ahead and delete this duplicate and reinstall the original plugin from the marketplace again.

Return to “General ConnectWise Automate Discussions”