install problem

Discussion forum for the Monitor And Graphing Management Archive plugins for LabTech.
rreid

install problem

Post by rreid »

i have tried to install the magma server per directions twice now. the install is successful but If i deploy an agent, the agent config fails to update. each time i reload xymon I get the following log:
Reloading Magma Server Settings
Verified working directory.
Processing 26 Clients
Processing Client [HBRTechnologies]
Setting Client [HBRTechnologies] location as Magma location.
Agent for [HBRTechnologies] settings update failed.

After which the magma plugin locks up and crashes labtech control center. what am i doing wrong? i am using ubuntu server 14.04.4. i have the labtech agent deployed to the server and it shows up in LCC. I have the credentials for the server listed in the client passwords tab. LT 10.5. LCC running on win 10 pro.

Cubert

Re: install problem

Post by Cubert »

Actually that is a typo in the installer during the first company update to magma server.

The lockup is really not a lockup but system delays from Magma server during config uploads. Let the window run for a while the window may go to unresponsive for a while and then back and forth as it works through all the system config updates.

Are you seeing this page? with or without any clients?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (65.63 KiB) Viewed 20210 times

If so then the Magma server installed correctly, now we just need to make sure the system is "updated" with your latest agents and clients.

Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (52.59 KiB) Viewed 20209 times
As seen above client #1 updates failed but if you look at commands tab of MagMa server it succeeded just fine.. It's a logging error to be fixed in next build.

rreid

Post by rreid »

Yes, the magma webpage with localhost does come up. Maybe i just haven't let the Reload sit long enough. It does seem to take quite a while. I will try setting up some agents again and see what i get. Thanks for your help.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Yes, We are having to issues file write commands for each client, on average 30 seconds per command 100 clients could take 3000 seconds

rreid

Post by rreid »

I am still having issues getting magma to work properly. I completely removed it, set up a new magma server using centos6, and redid the whole setup. When i try to save a config (with no agents defined yet) the savetext file command hangs on executing forever. here is the order:
SaveText File Success /var/www/magma/server/etc/hosts.d/1.cfg!!!!!page 1 HBRTechnologies19

SaveText File Executing /var/www/magma/server/etc/alerts.d/1.cfg!!!!!

Any ideas on what the hang is? It never completes, and trying to stop it usually hangs LCC and i have to end task.

zubz

Post by zubz »

I'm having the same issue as above.

Also when I go to verify server I get

E: Invalid operation apt-get

I wonder if it has something to do with sudoing

I've got the window running for a while now and it's stopped with Settings update failed.

I've added agents but they're not adding to the Magma web interface. Any ideas?

rreid

Post by rreid »

I was checking file permissions in those directories on the magma server and noticed that the .cfg files were owned by root, while all other files and folders in the tree were owned by magma. i changed the owner on all of the .cfg files to magma to see if that fixed the problem. no luck.
as for the sudoing, i tried to set magma up on centos 6 as well and the same problem occurred with writing the .cfg files. I suspect that there is something on the labtech side that is hanging up. Cubert developed this on Labtech 11, so maybe something in 10.5 is different.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

I'll look into it and see what is causing the slow file write commands.

We are only telling LT to write files out as we loop through all clients. so if you have 50 clients you will write 50 files out to folder.

This is 50 write commands at 30 seconds + per command. could take 25 minutes to complete.

Return to “Magma For LabTech”