Upgrading / Migrating from Office365UM Plugin 0.1.8.6

This forum is for Office365 for LabTech (Ver 2) support. When posting remember to include screenshots of any relevant information.
eddyg

Upgrading / Migrating from Office365UM Plugin 0.1.8.6

Post by eddyg »

Hi,

I installed and deployed the old Office365 User Manager Plugin ver.0.1.8.6 and that has been running successfully all along. I've also made some changes and tweaks to the powershell script that came with it in order to cater for specific requirements we have around our customers.

My question is, if I want to upgrade / migrate across to this new version, what is the process?

Should I remove the old plugin first? Do I have to clean anything up before installing the new one?

Regards,
Eddy

Cubert

Re: Upgrading / Migrating from Office365UM Plugin 0.1.8.6

Post by Cubert »

Nope there are 2 different plugins and operate on to different sets of tables so can run independently of each other.

They are how ever managed using the same Office365 password account in the passwords tab, the only difference is now you can add the tenant name to the URL field of the password entry and get Sharepoint data as well.

eddyg

Post by eddyg »

Hi Cubert,
Is there a process to remove the old version of the plugin or does removing the plugin from the plugin manager remove the scripts and tables?
Regards,
Eddy

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Disabling/deleting plugin from plugin manager just removes the available DLL file from the database.

To fully remove all aspects of plugin including the scripts, groups and searches imported you will need to find and remove theses manually and then drop the tables in SQL used by plugin.

The leftovers do not harm anything and should not get in the way of the new plugin but for cleanup reasons this would be what is needed to do so.

Return to “Office365 for LabTech”