Client has a password or username that is incorrect

This forum is for Office365 for LabTech (Ver 2) support. When posting remember to include screenshots of any relevant information.
tlphipps

Client has a password or username that is incorrect

Post by tlphipps »

First off, let me say how excited we are about the possibilities of this plugin and what we see in the demos.
Sadly we haven't been able to get it to pull any data for any of our clients yet.

We've picked our scanner, deployed modules, and then added the Office365 account password to two of our clients. But when we push the 'scan clients' button, we get an error message on both saying 'client has a password or username that is incorrect.'
I've double-checked the password entry for both clients and I can successfully login to the O365 admin portal with these user accounts.

Are there any log files or anything we can examine to see what's causing our failures?

Edit: One thought I had: These passwords have symbols in them. Any chance we're hitting an escaping issue or similar?

Cubert

Re: Client has a password or username that is incorrect

Post by Cubert »

Hmm... it is possible...

have you deployed the mods you your workstation and launched the "shell" what happens then? Does shell open nice and allow cmds to run in it?

tlphipps

Post by tlphipps »

Yes, I deployed the modules to my workstation as well, but when I do "open shell" I get a message saying
"import-module : The specified module 'C:\Program Files\Windows Azure Active
Directory\Powershell\MSOnline\MSOnline.psd1' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module
directory."

But if I go back to the admin area and click "Verify MSOL Modules" for my workstation it says all is good.
And for what it's worth, I have manually installed and used the MSOL modules on this system for several months with no issue.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Wow, the plot thinkers. That is very strange indeed.

I am AN this week but should be available Thursday or Friday. Let's setup a GTM session and see what's going on.

tlphipps

Post by tlphipps »

I finally got back around to working with this and discovered my issue is because our passwords use special characters. At this point I've confirmed both the @ and # symbols (anywhere in the password) cause this error. If I just use letters and numbers in the password, everything seems to work fine.
I saw this referenced in another thread as well. So I guess this is feature request to support special characters in passwords.

Return to “Office365 for LabTech”