Issue with database update

This forum is for Office365 for LabTech (Ver 2) support. When posting remember to include screenshots of any relevant information.
cires316

Issue with database update

Post by cires316 »

I have a bunch of clients where it is not importing data into the tables.

I run the azure only debug scan. it shows successful with all of the MYSQL commands for inserting data into the table but nothing is actually going in. It's probably upwards of half of them. The debug looks exactly like another client that DOES import properly.

I also have some clients where it tells me the password is wrong when I know it's not as I can log into the 365 portal with the creds. Is there some kind of criteria like if the password starts with a special character it doesn't work?

Cubert

Re: Issue with database update

Post by Cubert »

in test mode you can copy and paste the SQL output for the failing client. If you can capture that for us and send it to support@plugins4.... I can have a look and see if there is a user name or some data field that does not comply with column. Typically we see a special ` in a users name or something.

As for the password, if you suspect a issue with password chars, I would first change password to something more simple and test the scans. See if indeed a scan completes then harden the password to something more to your liking and see if it starts to fail. If so its a password char issue. This could be due to database saves not liking it or the POSH modules we use not liking it.

cires316

Post by cires316 »

ok so you want me to take the SQL output for the client that isn't importing and try to run that query manually in mysql to see if it errors?

cires316

Post by cires316 »

So i took the query as it came back in the debug mode, put it as a query in Toad and it does import the data properly in the database.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok then have a look at the plugin log and the LTErrors.log on the server.

Do we see any SQL related errors listed there for Chocolatey For LabTech?

Also how "big" is txt file is you save query? not over 2mb right?

cires316

Post by cires316 »

so I've been parsing through some of these manually.

Some of them WERE importing but my grafana query was pulling mailbox sizes where we have some clients that only do licensing with no MBs so modifying my query fixed those specific instances.

I am also running into ones where users' have apostrophes in their names which I can tell in the query is what is causing those to bomb out. Some of them I can remove without the client really caring but some of them I can't. Is there no way around that one without removing them from their display names?

As for your question. I copied the entire debug log for all the clients (azure only) into notepad++ and it was over 12 mb total.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

That maybe why we are seeing issues. Automate gets really sketchy when working with files over 2mb, typically this is a issue in the scripting areas but is also seen in the "CMD" function that is used to send agents command line requests. Automate will truncate anything over 2 mb as a return from command line which is what the powershell function is doing.

This is a limitation of Automate's command functions for agents.

cires316

Post by cires316 »

I got the majority of them fixed.

I still have 1 client where it tells me the password is wrong when I know it's not. I even changed it to something more simple.

Now all of a sudden when I run scans from the plugin (on any machine, mine or the LT server), every client comes back client failed update
errors.png
errors.png (8.36 KiB) Viewed 21706 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Did anything change? Automate upgrade or plugin version change?

cires316

Post by cires316 »

haven't updated either.

Return to “Office365 for LabTech”