Missing Data in System Options Tab

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
ttroyer

Missing Data in System Options Tab

Post by ttroyer »

We started using Chocolatey more broadly a few weeks ago and since then have had this issue for some clients but not all.
The System Options tab is blank. We have updated the server and ensured we are on the latest version of the plugin. Beyond this I am not sure where to look. Any help would be appriciated.
SF - Chocolatey2_LI.jpg
SF - Chocolatey2_LI.jpg (706.09 KiB) Viewed 5415 times

Cubert

Re: Missing Data in System Options Tab

Post by Cubert »

This shows that no agents have yet installed the chocolatey framework for this client. As agents install framework this tab starts to populate with agents.

Can you send a screen shot of the first tab (Client Configuration) Then check the logs tab in the global Chocolatey console to see if you can see the Maintenance services running on this client? Check the agents script logs to see if Chocolatey installer script has been scheduled and if so what was its last output?

So to recap.

Check main Client tab to see if Client is enabled
Check logs to see if client has been mentioned
Check agents to see if any Chocolatey scripts were scheduled
Check agents to see if script output is good or bad.

ttroyer

Post by ttroyer »

When I looked at one of the computers logs I didn't see the script info but I tried to run this more than a week ago so I don't think those logs are there any longer. Should I redeploy the framework?
Attachments
SF - Chocolatey5.jpg
SF - Chocolatey5.jpg (181.86 KiB) Viewed 5403 times
SF - Chocolatey4.jpg
SF - Chocolatey4.jpg (129.58 KiB) Viewed 5403 times

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

Ok now that is odd,

You have agents with framework and java 8 installed just as you have set, your also missing the default "Toggle All" which is there regardless of agent counts so I believe that the view is not loading for you and thus the failure to display anything.

Let me go pull that query for you and see what its returning. Also check your local Automate Consoles logs to see if you get a error in the Automate client when selecting the Chocolate tab in a client console.

Logs can be found on your PC at:

C:\ProgramData\LabTech Client\Log\

ttroyer

Post by ttroyer »

I checked those logs on my computer and our server but when I do a word search for Chocolatey nothing comes up. I will say too that when I try to click on the Chocolatey tab it won't open. I have to first click around on other tabs and then it will open. It's strange behavior.

The main console logs show this:
8/25/2020 1:32:15 PM 21535 Maintenance Chocolatey Maintenance Installing Chocolatey Framework to ID (21535)
8/25/2020 1:32:15 PM 21535 Maintenance Chocolatey Maintenance - Installing Chocolatey Framework on ComputerID -> 21535 .

It repeats for every ID just like this. I don't know if it was like that yesterday but I can check again tomorrow.

Cubert

Post by Cubert »

See if your systems upgrades to 2.0.1.95 if not update the plugin for us.

ttroyer

Post by ttroyer »

I did do the upgrade and at first still had the issue. I toggled the Exclude Client From Installs on and then off again and now I can see all of the functions. I think we can consider this closed.

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”