Moved Automate Server to hosted, no clients show enabled.

Support and questions for using and managing Chocolatey NuGet inside of Labtech
Cubert

Moved Automate Server to hosted, no clients show enabled.

Post by Cubert »

IT looks like we have the licenses now. However, no devices are currently checking in. Is there something else we need to do?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (86.43 KiB) Viewed 4116 times

Since the new licenses were added we are unable to get Chocolatey to install on any computer. I am looking through the configuration of Chocolatey and it shows none of our clients are enabled. I went to each client to check if it was disabled but it was not. I have attached screenshots of the issue.

Choco 1.PNG
Choco 1.PNG (226.53 KiB) Viewed 4116 times

Choco 2.PNG
Choco 2.PNG (258.81 KiB) Viewed 4116 times

Cubert

Re: Moved Automate Server to hosted, no clients show enabled.

Post by Cubert »

Ok the first thing I would do is make allow up to 48 hours for the new systems to get reset and for new data to appear in the database.

Assuming this has been done and still no data is present then the next steps will be to see if Chocolatey is running on any clients in Automate.

Since your in a hosted environment your gonna have some limitations on what you can access.

Side Note, Habitat for Automate gives you back all the lost control over environments. It provides a SQL query analyzer to access SQL directly from Control Center console, It also provides a plugin Log reader to fetch all those logs you otherwise do get to see. It does a lot of other stuff but in your case these tools would help out greatly when dealing with Automate issues.

Anyhow the log file on Automate host is C:\programdata\labtech\logs\plugin_ChocolateyForLabTech.log

This log will tell you what and whom Automate is executing any Chocolatey functions on. You can also look at an agents script log from the agent console (Scripts) to see if you see any Chocolatey for LabTech scripts scheduled or completed.

Did they have a fail message in script log or did it have any return from script in the Command log console?

The Automat host uses script to manager each agent and to run functions like install Choco or install an app. so we should see them trying to install choco, when done that agent should appear in the database which would then show as an enabled client whit a count of X.

So have a look here and post back any screen shots, script logs and command logs that show what Chocolatey was attempting to do if any. I can then see what its not doing and help you to get it working.

tcoutcher

Re: Moved Automate Server to hosted, no clients show enabled.

Post by tcoutcher »

Hi

Attached is the picture of logs we see. We cannot see anything within the log. I have went to a new computer and we see the scripts run successfully but at the top of the Chocolatey we see "This feature is disabled until Chocolatey Maintenance has run".
Attachments
choco 3.PNG
choco 3.PNG (434.78 KiB) Viewed 4063 times

Return to “Chocolatey For Labtech”